no on the pre eclampsia BUT WHAT WOULD U DO?

im told that my swelling is the worst my doctor has ever seen without it being preeclampsia.

he said
"its VERY VERY VERY VERY bad pitting edema. it really is the worse i have ever seen it and it came very fast for you. Stay off of your feet as much as possible."

i work 15 hours a week. and i was PLANNING on picking up 2 shifts this week. i work in an office sitting down. only 3 hour shifts a day (unless i am to pick extra ones)

would you pick up a few more shifts if you were me? or no? i worked 3 hours tonight and already started swelling pretty bad.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:44 PM on Jan. 19, 2009 in Pregnancy

• nooooooooooooooooo
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 11:47 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• I wouldn't take the chance. I had very bad swelling that started in my fifth month. My calves and ankles were the size of my thighs and my feet were fat, shapeless blobs. During my sixth month, I literally got sick with preeclampsia and HELLP Syndrome overnight. I had been fine at my six month check up the day before. I was admitted and delivered less than a week later. I wouldn't take swelling like that lightly.
    lovinmystar

Answer by lovinmystar at 11:51 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• idk why that came up anonymous
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 11:51 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• i would listen to what the dr. says. it still could turn into eclampsia and you dont want to put your baby at risk. unless there was some way for you to litterally put your feet up at work, dont plan on picking up more shifts and plan on dropping some
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 12:06 AM on Jan. 20, 2009

• i would also start maternity leave now
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 12:07 AM on Jan. 20, 2009

• why are you even asking??? ur dr said it was bad, so id just go on maternity leave.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:12 AM on Jan. 20, 2009

• im asking because he never said anything about working ANONYMOUS. he just said to stay off my feet when im able to.

and i would like not to quit working, i want to work until i go into labor thers only a few more weeks... like 3.

MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 12:16 AM on Jan. 20, 2009

• Nope. I wouldn't pick up extra shifts.

While at work, try and keep your feet elevated as much as possible. Also, stop eating salty foods: get low sodium snacks, etc. It's important for the swelling.

edema doesn't mean it will become pre-e. Just take it easy, stay hydrated, and stay off your feet as much as possible ok!
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 12:21 AM on Jan. 20, 2009

• Regularly do yoga as it improves blood circulations and reduces swelling of feet during pregnancy. Pranayama is good for body and mind.

Sit on the carpet and stretch your leg in the front, rotate your leg 10-15 times in a clockwise direction and then in the same way rotate in the anti-clock wise direction for 10-15 times. This reduces swelling of feet and improves blood circulation in the feet.

Eat vitamin E rich foods too!
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 12:24 AM on Jan. 20, 2009

• Thanks celtic :)
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 12:25 AM on Jan. 20, 2009