when getting into shape and if you don't have some of the stuff they have what do you use?

if i don't have a stepper i use my steps on my stairway, if i don't have the ball i use my kids ball so what about you?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:59 PM on Jan. 19, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I have used cans of vegetables or soup as weights.
    Rebecca7708

Answer by Rebecca7708 at 12:02 AM on Jan. 20, 2009

• i use my steps too
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:04 AM on Jan. 20, 2009

• i do palates (sp).. all i need is on eof those big strechy bands.. it came with my workout dvd....
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 12:06 AM on Jan. 20, 2009

• I have everything . . all the exercise equipment you can imagine . . . so I use those every night . . . and then I wake up in the morning and sit my fat ass back on the couch or on the floor with dd . . . lolol . . dd barely lets me go to the bathroom . . . she is finally sitting on her own (6 months) so she is getting a little bit more independent . . I hope this continues then maybe I will have some time to work out a little bit.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 12:09 AM on Jan. 20, 2009

• For the longest time I didn't have bocks and straps for my yoga...so I made do with some thick books and panty hose, LOL.
    katzmeow726

Answer by katzmeow726 at 12:27 AM on Jan. 20, 2009

• with a chair or side of a bath tub you can do dips for your arms, like sit down, back straight on the edge, palms down and feet about a foot in front off you, dip down towards floor and straight back up( im not good at explaining)and then i stand in front of the kitchen sink, far enough back , put my palms on the counter and do push ups, but pretty much from a standing way, im far enough back, its like being on the floor except easier to move your hands diff. ways for diff. areas, I have the ab lounge, gazelle, treadmill, blah blah and still feel my own body weight is the best , I always feel it more when I use my own weight against myself like those two and lunges, etc..pilates are awesome in that way
    SMB25

Answer by SMB25 at 5:48 AM on Jan. 20, 2009

• I do walking lunges down my long hallway....I buy spaghetti sauce in large containers and use those as weights...soup cans, too. I use my wood coffee table to do dips (for triceps), but you can also use the edge of the couch or a sturdy chair. I broom for dead lifts and squats (you don't always need weight to do these things...use your muscles). I agree with the other poster, body weight can be an amazing tool when working out.
    rockerchik

Answer by rockerchik at 7:01 AM on Jan. 20, 2009

• I really don't like to watch the dvd's. I prefer to do my own routine at my own pace.
    I use our stairs, canned veggies for weights - even milk, and I love to take long, brisk walks. Hubby has a nautilus out in the garage that he used regularly and wants me to try, but I want to build stamina first before I go forward to building muscle.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 7:33 AM on Jan. 20, 2009