help my 14 yr old has major attitude issues any ideas on the best way to handle this

alyssasmom0220

Asked by alyssasmom0220 at 12:00 AM on Jan. 20, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• Unfortunately, she is a teenager and wish there was an easy answer. What sort of problems are you having? I have a son who has had an "attitude" for a few years already -- counselors will tell you they are just trying to "find themselves". I, personally, wish they would find it quick -- as it drives me nuts too. Just hang in there and keep communication open as much as possible. If she has a problem that is upsetting her, she may come to you for advice and just to talk. Anger, peer pressure and all the stuff that comes with the teens years is rough on everyone -- them and us, as parents! Keep talking, hugging and loving her -- If you feel there is another underlying reason for her change in behavior, check into it as soon as possible if you feel it is harmful to her and her way of thinking. Good luck!
    Squirrel1001

Answer by Squirrel1001 at 8:33 AM on Jan. 20, 2009

• Stay calm try not to feed into the teenage drama. Keep your communication open and remind your child that this attitude is not okay. Take privileges away follow through. Your child sound like a normal teenager I blame it all on hormones!

mommiedear

Answer by mommiedear at 12:35 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• read these. parenting with love and logic or so your teens knows all the answers.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 3:51 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• Not to be a smartass but I thought teenager and attitude were synonyms?!
    goaliemom93

Answer by goaliemom93 at 8:35 AM on Jan. 21, 2009