How much longer till she's crawling???

My little girl has been rocking back and forth for the last couple days, and I've been told this is the stage before crawling. My question is, how long after this stage was it before your little one was crawling? She'll be 8 months on the first, 7 months adjusted. Thanks so much!

Mommy2Macy

Asked by Mommy2Macy at 12:07 AM on Jan. 20, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i'd say within the next couple weeks, but every baby develops differently
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 12:08 AM on Jan. 20, 2009

• every time i put my son on his stomach now he rolls over to his back, so i'm not sure if he will ever crawl it seems, hes 8 months too
    calvinsmommy18

Answer by calvinsmommy18 at 12:34 AM on Jan. 20, 2009

• just be patient...once your baby starts crawling she will be into everything and then you will wonder why you wanted her to crawl so quickly
    lmaines22

Answer by lmaines22 at 12:44 AM on Jan. 20, 2009

• yeah imaines is SOOOO right
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 12:46 AM on Jan. 20, 2009

• mine wasn't crawling until 9 months lol, she tried for about a month before that. She was chunky too hehe.
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 12:49 AM on Jan. 20, 2009

• My first child was up on her knees and crawling before she was 6 months but my 5 month old now will not even try to scoot. She's content lying on her belly and playing with her toys. Sometimes I will put them just out of reach so she has to really work to get to them. I will lay infront of her and encourage her but if she gets too frustrated I will give her the toy and really praise her for trying. She's a very happy, giggly baby so I know she advance in her own time.
    JEKA1016

Answer by JEKA1016 at 10:30 AM on Jan. 20, 2009