How do I handle my husband walking out after 18yrs,because he wants to meet other women.I have a 14 yr old daddy's girl that's taking it very hard. He told her he was leaving me not the kids.BS

ccatrat37

Asked by ccatrat37 at 10:25 PM on Jul. 18, 2008 in Relationships

• you let him go. and you do all you can to help your daughter understand. and if that means sitting her down and telling her daddy doesn't love you (the mom) anymore, that's what you do. my aunt was in a similar situation and she didnt want her kids to know thier daddy was cheating and in the long run it caused more trouble than it was worth because they blamed her for him leaving adn he didn't have the same scruples she did so he told htem she made him leave. honesty and hot cocoa are my advice.
    princezzmommie

Answer by princezzmommie at 10:29 PM on Jul. 18, 2008

• Take a deep breath, drink a nice bottle of wine, have a bitching session with your closest friends and then hire the best damn lawyer you can. Give yourself a complete makeover and do things that make you feel good about yourself. Seek counseling and above all, just remember, you're a powerful, sexy, intelligent woman.
    Teens-n-Twins

Answer by Teens-n-Twins at 10:30 PM on Jul. 18, 2008

• If he wants to meet other women, then let him go and move on. Its better than the heartache of cheating and such. But if hes says he not leaving the kids, just you, then he should explain that to your kids. THEY are obviously the ones suffering. They proabably have no idea whats going on, and coming from a divorced set of parents, i know i sure had ALOT of questions...
    as far as YOU, you be the best mom you can be for your kids, and remember, its not because youre less of a woman to him, hes less of a man, and youll find much better.
    briyeti

Answer by briyeti at 12:19 AM on Jul. 19, 2008

• Like you, my ex-husband of 20yrs decided that he was tired of being married and wanted out to date again. The only exception is we have 2 children and both tried to committ suicide b/c of our separation and divorce. My advice to you is let him go, don't worry about him. Take care of you and your daughter, be there for her and don't ever say anything negative about him to her or around her. One day he going to realize the mistake he made and he is going to come to you and apologize. Yes, right now you are going to hurt, but be strong, you can get through this, b/c in order to take care of your daughter you are going to have to take care of yourself. Take some time to get to know yourself, find out what you like and who you are. Most of enjoy life, don't let this stop you from living, you will get through this. Don't blame yourself or beat yourself over this, b/c he is the one who decided to go. Just continue to be the strong and powerful woman that you can be. You will be ok
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:25 AM on Jul. 19, 2008