Dr. Brown's bottles...help or hassle?

I have never used a Dr. Brown's bottle.

On one hand I hear they are great for a fussy baby.
On the other I hear they are a pain to clean with so many parts.

Are they worth it?
Just curious.....

CaseyErin

Asked by CaseyErin at 12:13 AM on Jan. 20, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Oh the bottle we used, and now use with my baby girl is the Playtex Original Nurser. I breastfed and it was really easy to get my breast milk in there, and my kids took to them easily Oh and did I mention the best part? There is no bottle cleaning, because you use the disposable bags.

You canget one free here http://www.playtexbaby.com/bpafree/info.html

Happ-eToBme

Answer by Happ-eToBme at 12:56 AM on Jan. 20, 2009

• I loved the ones I had, they come with special "tools" for cleaning. And they relieve gas like no other lol. I love them and will buy them again, those and the playtex vent aire are the only ones that I thought were good
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 12:15 AM on Jan. 20, 2009

• I don't think they are worth it at all. I baby sat a child that used them and he had some serious gastric issues at just 4 months. Well his doc recomended the dr.browns. I got sick of needing to sit with a towel every timeIfed him, so I got oneof my son's bottles out, changed the nipple for a new one and gave him that one. As God as my witness he barely spit up, thenon the next bottle he didn't spit up at all. His mom was so happy she cried, and with in weeks he had gain so much weight. He was under weight before that. Her doc. couldn't even believe it, he was even able to start using reg. formula as oppossed to this really expensive stuff she had to buy him.
    Happ-eToBme

Answer by Happ-eToBme at 12:46 AM on Jan. 20, 2009

• Also as far as gas and all the stuff about being the best, All I know is that if you use this bottle the way your supposed to which is too squeez out all the exses air, then your child doesn't get a chance to get gas. You squeez out the air by squeezing on the bag. It's really very simple not hard to use at all.
    Happ-eToBme

Answer by Happ-eToBme at 1:01 AM on Jan. 20, 2009

• I've been using Dr. Brown's bottles with my son since he was 2 month's old. (he's now almost a year) I think there great. They take a few extra minutes to clean because of the extra parts but in the long run there well worth it. My son NEVER has gas and hardly even has to burp.
    adg0114

Answer by adg0114 at 1:15 AM on Jan. 20, 2009

• to much and to much of a hassle in my opinion and my dd#2 did not like them at all, we use the evenflo bottles, she loves them and is not gassy either, i only had to use mylicon with her when she was first born due to the wrong kind of bottle her mouth was to small for what i wanted to use.
    HisServant4ever

Answer by HisServant4ever at 7:17 AM on Jan. 20, 2009

• I think they probably work for some kids, but then there are some that are just going to be gassy no matter what. I used the avent bottles at first with my last child and the milk would run down his face. We finally switched over to the playtex and it fixed that problem. How a child latches has a lot to do with what bottle works best. I think ive used them all.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 9:50 AM on Jan. 20, 2009

• I also tried Dr. Brown's and did not see any difference in gassiness. For my two boys the Playtex nursers with drop-ins worked great!
    Ingrid03

Answer by Ingrid03 at 9:56 AM on Jan. 20, 2009

• they are a big hassle, but- its all my preemie baby would take, and his gas was gone almost instantly after the switch.
    I love them.
    Auntiemom410

Answer by Auntiemom410 at 10:37 AM on Jan. 20, 2009