HOw well do they work????

I am wanting to buy one of those heart moniters to be able to hear the babies heart beat whenever I want. I was wonder how well they work I am talking about the ones from walmart with the head phones or any idea where I could get one that owrks good for pretty cheap???? Thanks

proudmama9128

Asked by proudmama9128 at 12:28 AM on Jan. 20, 2009 in Pregnancy

• The one's from wal-mart work better later on in the pregnancy. We bought one with my last daughter and I was like 26 weeks and we couldn't hear anything and returned it.
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 12:29 AM on Jan. 20, 2009

• i heard sometimes they work sometimes they dont its best for in the third trimester. my friend bought a real expensive one and used it at the very end of her pregnancy and a few more times and it didnt work. i dont think its worth it.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 12:30 AM on Jan. 20, 2009

• The one I tried never worked, but then again, it turned out my son was sunny side up, and they had a hard time monitoring him while I was in labor. So it's hard to gauge whether it was the monitor or just his position.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:31 AM on Jan. 20, 2009

• Well I rented on with my last pregnancy the good ones like they use at the doctor and loved it they are just kinda epensivenow days!!!! Thanks for the info!!!
    proudmama9128

Answer by proudmama9128 at 12:32 AM on Jan. 20, 2009

• I didnt hear anything..it scared me at first lol. But around my 8TH MONTH I heard the water I think lol. They suck, sorry but it is a waste of money, if you really want one I would look on craigslist for a used one.
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 12:35 AM on Jan. 20, 2009

• The sound amplifiers aren't really worth the money(usually around $20). The dopplers are worth it though. I am 20 weeks pregnant right now and we ordered an angelsounds doppler, I love it. It really helps my 2 year old get involved with the pregnancy. The one we bought is normally around $90, but we got a great deal for a brand new one on eBay. Paid about $35 total(shipping and all)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:39 AM on Jan. 20, 2009

• I bought the same one from walmart and heard everything and then i told my doctor and he said it was MY heartbeat and they dont work you would be better off buying your own stethascope.
    lzyd

Answer by lzyd at 12:52 AM on Jan. 20, 2009