Migraines and Breastfeeding

I've suffered from migraines for 6 years now. I get them about 2 times a week and since i am bf the medicines i can take are limited and usually dont help. Benadryl has helped but i have restless leg syndrome, and benadryl makes it worse. Vicodin does help, but i don't have insurance to keep getting it filled. I now know not to ever eat things with MSG in it. Does anyone have any remedies to prevent them, and relieve them?

RenaJean

Asked by RenaJean at 12:32 AM on Jan. 20, 2009 in Health

• I have migraines and I'm BFing as well. I take advil and snuggle down with an ice pack on my head and pray. You can check http://kellymom.com/health/meds/aap-approved-meds.html and talk with your doctor or LC about what is best for you. GL

Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 12:47 AM on Jan. 20, 2009

• I take warm showers in the dark and use a heated mattress pad. I was told to stay away from red foods, seems to work. I also read that gatorade can help with migranes. I don't like it so I haven't tried it.
    t1gger143

Answer by t1gger143 at 2:48 AM on Jan. 20, 2009