How heavy should my baby be measuring now?

I'm 26 weeks and 1 day.
I went in to the doctor's yesterday and she measured 2 lbs 3 oz. Is this too heavy at this point? too light? It's my first pregnancy and I am just not sure how much she is suppose to weigh.

moms1stprincess

Asked by moms1stprincess at 12:36 AM on Jan. 20, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I don't really know, but those weights aren't very accurate so I wouldn't even stress over it.
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 12:37 AM on Jan. 20, 2009

• there honeslty is no supposed to weight about it it depends on your families baby history and the fathers family if both sides had big babies then odds are you will im 26 weeks i measure about the same but my family has big long babies im expecting my baby to weight around 9 lbs at least
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 12:38 AM on Jan. 20, 2009

• Hmm...I know at 23 weeks my DD was a little under a pound and at 35 weeks she was a little under 4 pounds and you are right around the middle of those so I would think that is normal?? My DD was only 7 pounds 5 ounces when she was born, I think your fine...sounds like a healthy baby to me!!
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 12:42 AM on Jan. 20, 2009

• I delivered my daughter at 26 weeks. She was a little on the small side at 1 lb, 6 oz.
    lovinmystar

Answer by lovinmystar at 12:44 AM on Jan. 20, 2009

• i wouldnt worry mines was around the same around that week. at 30+ she was alil over 3 lbs and now at 39 wks she is 6lbs 3 oz so i wouldnt stress and its just an estimate weight not saying thats how much they will be when born. good luck and dont worry
    Jayda-3

Answer by Jayda-3 at 12:59 AM on Jan. 20, 2009

• It doesn't really matter at this point. My guess is it's exactly what your baby needs to weigh. :)
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 1:31 AM on Jan. 20, 2009

• Thank you ladies!!!!! You have been so helpful! :)
    moms1stprincess

Answer by moms1stprincess at 1:36 AM on Jan. 20, 2009