STRESS!! Motherhood, Career & College....S.O.S.

Argh!! How do so many women handle home, careers and college? I am working on my bachelor's degree, working a full time job and taking care of a family of 6. I'm about to blow my top. Any great stress relievers???????

Teens-n-Twins

Asked by Teens-n-Twins at 10:27 PM on Jul. 18, 2008 in About CafeMom

• meditation is a MUST for me. I am a law student with 3 kids at home. I notice that I get really cranky when I miss my meditation.
    lawmom623

Answer by lawmom623 at 11:02 PM on Jul. 18, 2008

• Lock you self in the bath room with some nice music and a hot bubble bath I do this about once a week really helps
    hollinicole

Answer by hollinicole at 11:02 PM on Jul. 18, 2008

• I you sound like me just not six kids just three (that goes for my husband). Tell you parnter you have to study n grab a hotel room to relax with out someone knocking on the bathroom door (that the first place they look for mommy)or if you can just go to the park and sit for an hour with out the family. Just lean back and listen to the birds. This both work for me about once a month.
    Shari_Robinson

Answer by Shari_Robinson at 11:34 PM on Jul. 18, 2008

• I am going through the exact same thing. I have 3 kids at home, one w/ special needs and is like 5 kids in one! The ONLY reason I am even able to work FT and go to school is because of my hubby. He works FT also, but works nights so he is home w/ the kids. My hubby wants me to get my degree so he agreed to do whatever to help me get there. He does it all...even laundry! The only thing I have to do is cook. He takes the kids to baseball, cheerleading, etc. I know, 1/2 of you out there want this guy...sorry! But hey, working a man that much has its downside. He is always tired, pobresito! I try to do as much as I can between work and school like dishes, vacuuming, etc. Also, the kids are learning to do chores, so that helps. I love my man. BTW, this is a 2nd marriage for both of us. They aren't even biologically his kids but he is the best dad ever for them. There aren't many men out there like this so if you have one, tell him how much you love and appreciate him.
    goinginsane1

Answer by goinginsane1 at 1:04 AM on Jul. 19, 2008