I started spotting(very light brownish) yesterday, then this morning i woke up and had blood on my panties. I have very little cramping, but no pain. I called 4 doctors and the ER and they said they couldnt help me over the phone and all the doctors said they wouldnt see me w/out insurance. I have read a lot and talked to a few ppl and they said it was normal or at least ok. What do i do? I have no doctor and no insurance. Im 6 weeks along.

capulet425

Asked by capulet425 at 10:28 PM on Jul. 18, 2008 in Pregnancy

• go to the nearest Planned Parenthood. there is somebody that would be willing to see you, dont give up hope!
    sweetandpetite1

Answer by sweetandpetite1 at 10:31 PM on Jul. 18, 2008

• There should be a hospital close to you that is subsidized by the government. They have to see you. Find out if you can qualify for Medicaid in your state. It's there for you and your baby, use it.
    Teens-n-Twins

Answer by Teens-n-Twins at 10:41 PM on Jul. 18, 2008

• This happened to me around the same time with my first. My Dr. monitored me thru the entire 1st trimester regularly. The women above have good suggestions. BTW, my first ended up being a good pregnancy. Have hope, and don't take no for an answer.
    drdarcmom

Answer by drdarcmom at 10:45 PM on Jul. 18, 2008

• most ERs will not/can not turn you away, even if you have no insurance.
    lawmom623

Answer by lawmom623 at 11:01 PM on Jul. 18, 2008

• Something like that happened to me at four months and I was told to BED REST and if it was meant to be its up to the LORD.
    lawla

Answer by lawla at 11:14 PM on Jul. 18, 2008

• ER's will NOT turn you away for no insurance. They will bill you, and once you get the bill read the back or somewhere on the front... it will say if you don't have insurance or can't pay this bill you may qualify for assistance, then call the number they provide. Alot of times they will help give you assistance or they will throw the bill out completely and you don't have to pay. So go ahead and go to the ER. Good Luck hun.
    ProudOhioMom

Answer by ProudOhioMom at 11:23 PM on Jul. 18, 2008

• The er shouldnt turn you away...i have been to the er many times with no insurance. Hell i even had surgery to have my gaul bladder removed and i didnt have insurance. And alot of hospitals will offer you help in paying your bill thats how my surgery got paid for. So i would say just go anyways.
    GraciesMom52407

Answer by GraciesMom52407 at 8:45 AM on Jul. 19, 2008

• Hospitals cant refuse treatment,if they do im sure you can sue them for that.
    I dont have medicaid or insurance either and i was 9 weeks and had to go to the hospital.
    Just show up,they cant refuse you.
    SaraWolf

Answer by SaraWolf at 12:50 AM on Jul. 22, 2008