Cell Phone Query?

Hi ladies, I was wondering about something...my cell phone carrier is AT&T but I really like a phone that Verison carries. My question is can I make any phone work with my AT&T carrier as long as it is not "locked". In other words could I buy an "unlocked" phone of Ebay for instance and put my smartchip in it and it will work even though At&t doesn't carry this particular phone?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:02 AM on Jan. 20, 2009 in Shopping

• As long as it isn't locked and as long as it has a place in the back for your SIM card then I dont see why not.
    misspriss_1987

Answer by misspriss_1987 at 1:10 AM on Jan. 20, 2009

• No. My DH used to work for AT&T and the phones are two different types of technology. Verizon is CDMA, and AT&T is GSM. The only company that would sell phones compatible with ATT is T-Mobile if I remember correctly.
    LolosMom

Answer by LolosMom at 1:10 AM on Jan. 20, 2009

• Crap that's not what I wanted to hear ladies...!LOL
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:17 AM on Jan. 20, 2009

• it has to be the older phones.
    mamaof2boys148

Answer by mamaof2boys148 at 9:10 PM on Jan. 30, 2009