how to help my daughter from getting bored with school.

hi my daughter is in first grade and is getting bored .let me first tell you a little about her . she started reading in pre k by the time she got to kindergarden she moved on to chapter books . she has a knack for picking thing up quik and remebering them . but she is also hyper active and when bored she bounces off the walls . in order to calm her sometimes i will print off third grade work sheets and unlike my other 2 at that age she find it fun to do . my problem is since she in first grade she is the only one there who is reading chapter books and hates to read simple word . she now has lost interest in school and doesnt whant to go . iv ask for her to be tested but it has yet to happen .what can i do to help her.

7goingon27

Asked by 7goingon27 at 1:05 AM on Jan. 20, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Home school or private school
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:24 AM on Jan. 20, 2009

• I would talk to her teacher and see if she can give her more challenging work or see if your school has a gifted and talented program.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 8:44 AM on Jan. 20, 2009

• at this time her teacher trys to give her harder work and has her help out the other children . but she cant take away from the class just to help her . also i ask for her to be tested at the end of the school year last year but were still waiting . my biggest concern is her comming to hate school or not advanceing because she feels left out .
    7goingon27

Answer by 7goingon27 at 1:58 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• ask the teacher to give her more chalenging work sheets and take her to the public library so she can get books she likes to read. most schools wont advance her a grade at that age, but if it helps her, maybe push the school to do it
    bi-polarmommy

Answer by bi-polarmommy at 9:19 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• I would talk to her teacher again and if that doesn't get you any where go higher up. try to get them to challenge her. I had the same problem with my son. Now he goes to a different class for reading and one for math. If the school wont work with you consider switching schools or homeschooling.

norbert

Answer by norbert at 8:59 AM on Jan. 21, 2009

• at this point I do take her to the public library about 3 times a week since its right on the corner of are house .she reads about 2 chapter books a week there like food to her and she goese throw them fast .i also try to print of worksheets at higher level .but it hard to know what to do when your seven year old reads better than your 13 year old . IV ask my husband if he thinks she was switched at birth since she picks up thing much quiker then me and him ever did and quiker than then our other two lol.
    7goingon27

Answer by 7goingon27 at 2:53 PM on Jan. 28, 2009