Did pregnancy make you this tired? I feel like a bad mom.

I'm only 6 weeks pregnant with my second child and I feel like a train has run over me. Some days are better than others, but most days I feel totally drained and just want to lay on the couch all day (I don't, but I want to! ) I take care of my 2 1/2 year olds needs and wants, but am not able to play and be as lively with him. I feel like a bad mom for feeling for wiped out and lazy! I can't even keep my house the way I want now....did you guys feel this way?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:21 AM on Jan. 20, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I'm 7 weeks and I have a 1 year old.... I feel the EXACT same way----- you're not alone! It's so hard to try to get everything done while keeping up with my energetic little man, and, like you, my house isn't the way I'd like it to be at this point. Hopefully we'll get an energy boost in the second trimester! Congrats!
    heather.huckaby

Answer by heather.huckaby at 1:25 AM on Jan. 20, 2009

• oh yes I have been there! I tend to "wake up" when I hit the 2nd trimester. Take naps when your older child does. It will help you have more energy. And go to bed earlier. Hugs, this will pass and u'll wake up too!
    Lynette

Answer by Lynette at 1:32 AM on Jan. 20, 2009

• Hopefully the 2nd trimester will be better. I am pregnant right now(20 weeks) and I just felt so tired the first trimester. I felt so bad that I couldn't actively play with my 2 1/2 yr old daughter, I was the worst guest at her tea parties!
    Duckieglc

Answer by Duckieglc at 1:45 AM on Jan. 20, 2009

• Yes the first 12 weeks for me were like that! Everything made me soooo tired. I'm just lucky my DD is 11 and can do a lot of stuff on her own. I hope it doesn't last that long for you.
    CherBearCM

Answer by CherBearCM at 1:49 AM on Jan. 20, 2009

• Yes!! I am 6 weeks preggo as well with a 2 and a half year old. I feel dead all the time. But then I have trouble sleeping at night for some reason. I was never this tired the first time around. If your son takes naps still I say take one when he does, sadly my daughter doesn't. I'm just hoping to feel like me again one day and actually have the energy to walk to the park and play again! Good luck momma! We are in the same boat to feel free to PM me if you wanna!
    nattabugsmommy

Answer by nattabugsmommy at 2:31 AM on Jan. 20, 2009

• You are not a bad mom so don't feel guilty at all. It's all a part of pregnancy. I am 33 weeks with a 3 yr old and a 5 yr old and some days I couldn't do much of anything. I think the more chilren you have, the more drained you feel because you can't just pamper yourself the way you would if this was a first pregnancy.
    kstap_4

Answer by kstap_4 at 10:18 AM on Jan. 20, 2009