my little girl just turn 5 months old the 18 and is trying really hard to sit she can about a min a min and ahalf but the gets excided and she then jumps back when do they usually learn to sit up by there self

kelseymoma

Asked by kelseymoma at 1:23 AM on Jan. 20, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It really depends Does she have a bumbo. That will help her sit up and she won't be able to flip back.
    proudmom2x

Answer by proudmom2x at 1:35 AM on Jan. 20, 2009

• My son started sitting at almost 6 months... we let him "practice" on the bed... so if he fell over it didn't hurt. Try not to prop her though, if she isn't ready to sit it isn't good for their spine, she will do it in her own time when she is ready.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 1:52 AM on Jan. 20, 2009

• My son sat up all on his own with no help from anyone or anything the exact day he turned 5 months. my daughter didn't sit up until she was about 7 or 8 months old although she was trying to since she was about 4 months...
    Happ-eToBme

Answer by Happ-eToBme at 1:53 AM on Jan. 20, 2009

• I think the average is around 7 to 8 months... what i did is got one of my son's toys and held it in front of him so that he would sit up
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:00 AM on Jan. 20, 2009

• All three of mine sat at 4 months..the youngest would only "tripod" at that age, but the older two sat bolt upright! lol

Let her keep practicing and keep a pillow in "head's" reach for her. (behind her so her head will land on it, but not close enough so it's holding her up) It won't be long and she'll have the hang of it once her core muscles are strong enough!

Oh...and start baby proofing!!
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 5:33 AM on Jan. 20, 2009

• i'd say the average is around 6-7 months, but my middle daughter sat at 5mo. every kid is different. just get her a bumbo or a boppy to help support her. :)
    fluud7

Answer by fluud7 at 7:41 AM on Jan. 20, 2009