what can I do for itchy skin and scalp?

I take a ashower every day and wash my hair every night.I don't use my hair dryer because it really drys my scalp out. Does anyone reccomend what I can use? I don't like using some of the shower gels mor creams that are so thick that you feel like you are so oily afterwards.

Momoftwo278

Asked by Momoftwo278 at 1:57 AM on Jan. 20, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• I think washing your hair every night is drying out your scalp. Why don't you take a break and wash your hair every other day and see if there's a change. I use St. Ives body washes and I never feel like there is a residue left over.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 2:01 AM on Jan. 20, 2009

• absolutely DEFINITELY use SKIN LOTION on your scalp to moisture your dry itchy scalp. Lubriderm is fantastic and one of the dry scalp Neutrogena shampoos afterwards is great!!! Take two to four days even over a weekend and every coupla hours put in to skin moisturizer and let it almost but not dry. Then rinse it out with water and do it over again repeating it during the day at least. By the third fourth day your dry itcy scalp should be gone. Good Luck!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:37 AM on Jan. 20, 2009

• I have dry scalp and my doctor told me not to wash everyday because you wash away the natural oils your scalp needs, also I was told to switch my shampoo brands frequently, dont go to bed with damp or wet hair this triggers it also.

I have noticed a huge difference just by rotating brands and keeping the head and shoulders on hand, i alternate using the head and shoulders with no conditioner once every two weeks and i blow dry it or if its int he morning i let it air dry but i find that airdrying just makes my scalp worse.

The best product i have ever found was by mary kay for dry skin is called satin hands, i get really dry skin int he winter months and this works better then anything i have ever used, my friends mom got some for me to try and it was just amazing. I also like aveeno it works well also.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 4:02 AM on Jan. 20, 2009

• nutregina T-gel works great once a week

Anonymous