Any one seen Dr. Martin Luther King speak?

I would love to hear a first hand account from someone who was there or maybe a relative who marched or something from childhood memories.

driftwood

Asked by driftwood at 2:31 AM on Jan. 20, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• unfortunatly no :( i would love to hear that too!! he was an amazing man! :D
    MommaBear1129

Answer by MommaBear1129 at 2:34 AM on Jan. 20, 2009

• i was very fortunate to hear his wife speak my Senior year of high school (04). what an amazing, strong woman! i just wish i remembered what she said, silly dopey me. =P
    btw, he was REPUBLICAN!
    chickenhobbit

Answer by chickenhobbit at 2:42 AM on Jan. 20, 2009

• no and i could care less really.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:43 AM on Jan. 20, 2009

• chickenhobbit... i did not know that! but he was still an amazing man!
    MommaBear1129

Answer by MommaBear1129 at 2:44 AM on Jan. 20, 2009

• ya ok whatever why does everyone get all bent outta shape this year about MLK ? i bet cause of who is suposed to be in office starting tomorrrow .. sad
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:47 AM on Jan. 20, 2009

• anon.. i think it is because of that.. but still.. i've always thought he was an amazing man.. i idolize people like them! :D
    MommaBear1129

Answer by MommaBear1129 at 2:52 AM on Jan. 20, 2009

• MLK rocks. he stood up for what he believed in, against the opposition. that takes incredible bravery. Thank you Rev. Martin Luther King, Jr.
    check out the black republican website, it sells T-shirts of him. i love it cuz so many liberals and democrats are trying to compare obama to MLK, and never once bring up the fact that he was a republican.
    chickenhobbit

Answer by chickenhobbit at 3:05 AM on Jan. 20, 2009

• Actually anon MLK day has been a federal holiday for years, NOT JUST THIS YEAR. MLK is now a part of school curriculum. MLK (When you don't live in a racist part of town) is an activist that made a big diffrence in equal rights for black people). Did you go to school?
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 3:59 AM on Jan. 20, 2009

• You should youtube U2 In The Name Of Love
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 4:00 AM on Jan. 20, 2009

• Why do racist people post anon?
    I've always idolized the man too...what a fantastic person!
    My family celebrates the holiday - two non-family members get birthday cakes - MLK and Jesus..lol.
    My little brother made a comment today that I loved ~ He said, I don't think Obama should be president cos he lets mom's kill their babies, but I think it's good he can be even though he isn't white. MLK fought so hard and he would be so proud - so many people fought. And now because of that Obama's kids can live in The White House...if it weren't for MLK they probably wouldn't be allowed to use the bathroom there....MLK would like it that we're white and we bought him a birthday cake.............................
    My little brother is 6. I just love how with each generation more racism falls away.
    Jill42721

Answer by Jill42721 at 5:05 AM on Jan. 20, 2009