Help I'm loosing my mind

My 7m old son wont stop screaming at night. Idk what to do any more. I give him mylacon, when that doesn't work I try orajel, when that doesn't work I try chamomile, and when that doesn't work I give him a bath, when that doesn't work I break down and give him tylenol (I don't like it, but I'm out of options). Keep in mind that I am waiting about thrity minutes in between each of the steps to make sure I gvie ample time for them to kick in. Tonight I didn't do the tylenol or chamomile, but I gave him not pepto, but that other one (lol sorry brain fart it is 2:41 am here and I can't think) and he has been screaming for over an hour! He isn't hungry b/c if I give him a bottle he falls right to sleep as soon as it hits his mouth. I'm at the point where I'm getting angry at him and I don't like him at this moment. I'm so tired of him screaming. I know he is sleepy b/c if I pat him, he calms down and drifts of but when I think he is asleep and lay down he waits about have a minute and starts to scream all over again. This has been going on for a week now and I'm at a lose. My other two did this and the doc put them on zertek, I even tried that but it didn't work. I don't know what to do any more. He sleeps in our room (has to; limited space) so every night for the past month we (dh and I) end up in the living room or bunking with the other two kids. I don't like to have him cio b/c I feel that after a certain amount of time he should drift of, but the other night he screamed for 2.5 hours! and it is not a whimmper little light cry it is that one where you think they are getting their limbs ripped off so it is not like I can ignore it with a pair of ear plugs. I have changed him, I even uncovered and covered him, but nothing works. OH mylanta, before you tear me a new one the doc a couple of days ago told me to try that. so don't think I'm just giving him things to be giving him things. please I'm at the end of my rope. I just want to sleep more then three hours at a time. OH and this is a on and off again thing. There are some nights where he sleeps all night (12 hours) and then I get weeks of this.

lovemybaby283

Asked by lovemybaby283 at 3:51 AM on Feb. 29, 2012 in Babies (0-12 months)

• do noises help calm him down? i remember having to lay next to the bath and run the water for forevvveerrr to make my daughter stop crying. try a car ride? sorry!! wish i could help!
    dbodani

Answer by dbodani at 4:06 AM on Feb. 29, 2012

• Could it be a colic? Babies who are bottle-fed tend to more colicky.
    The bottle produces air bubbles. So make sure the baby is "burped".
    How many teeth are starting to appear? Is your baby drooling?
    The teething phase sometimes can make a baby become cranky and affect his sleep routine. Of all the things you've have said it seems like your baby responds well to his bottle. Help your baby by messaging the gums. Also frozen teething rings
    Or a frozen bagel or banana can help alleviate the pain.
    This is the time when babies need extra-attention and cuddling. :) Have your DH take turns at night. Feel better!
    Cafemomoftwo217

Answer by Cafemomoftwo217 at 4:31 AM on Feb. 29, 2012

• Could be an allergy causing severe tummy pain. Try soy milk rather than regular milk for a week, or maybe gluten-free meals and snacks. If it persists, I would demand a full exam from pediatrician, then get a second opinion with testing. If the babe is experiencing night terrors, then unfortunately, he'll simply need comforting; but if its an allergy or a medical issue, then it is important to find the cause. Good luck mama! Don't be afraid to ask your family for support so you and dh can catch up on your sleep!
    kenzie07

Answer by kenzie07 at 11:58 AM on Feb. 29, 2012

• Thanks ladies. I will take all this advice and use it!
    lovemybaby283

Comment by lovemybaby283 (original poster) at 3:03 PM on Feb. 29, 2012