hey all can you give me some tips@!!

i am in alot of pain exspecially my back and hips. And im haveing contractions but they arnt dialating me.. any suggestions on how to further myself with the dialating and to set my labor off all the way......thanks

irishmama0607

Asked by irishmama0607 at 4:01 AM on Jan. 20, 2009 in Pregnancy

• the only thing that ever actually worked (and I tried quite a few things when i was overdue by 2 weeks) was by doing the same thing that got me pregnant in the first place lol) my doctor suggested I go home and have a nice romantic evening with my husband. In the end it boils down to your body will progress when it is ready to but you can have fun helping it along! my doctor told me that there is something (sorry its been 4 years cant remember the term he used) the male produces that hepls to soften and dialate the cervix.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 4:07 AM on Jan. 20, 2009

• my best friend just have a baby and she had the same problem . walk alot and try to have sex
    babymomma6

Answer by babymomma6 at 4:55 AM on Jan. 20, 2009

• something in the sperm can help dialate you
    babymomma6

Answer by babymomma6 at 4:58 AM on Jan. 20, 2009

• Sex and walking :) Contractions don't necessarily mean you are in active labor yet, but you could be in very early stages. I wouldn't stress about it. If you are in lots of pain, try and take a nice bubble bath and relax.
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 6:28 AM on Jan. 20, 2009

• Sex...sex...sex....and squats...put me in labor both times..it works I'm telling ya
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:01 AM on Jan. 20, 2009

• I had the same problem with all three of my pregancies and i tried every thang people told me and nothing seem to work. Unfortunly I had to be induced with all three of mine dispite having contractions. here are some thangs i was told to do take a car ride over a rough real bumpy road, walk alot, eat spicy food and the one that takes the cake castroil.
    escapedmom

Answer by escapedmom at 9:12 AM on Jan. 20, 2009

• SEX SEX SEX SEX!! Thats the best thing!
    russian-mommy

Answer by russian-mommy at 9:36 AM on Jan. 20, 2009

• it pretty much takes time i went threw the same thing as your for over two weeks with my first she just didn't feel like getting out
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:56 AM on Jan. 20, 2009

• walk alot!!! don't over do it.. but walk enough and with time.. the baby will come down and it will be easier I hope for you. Some things I have heard help (don't know if it works or not) .. is having mac and cheese.. hehehe. I haven't tried that.. also castor oil.. I think you're supposed to drink it.. my cuz did that to avoid inducing the labor when she delivered her baby. good luck
    simran4god

Answer by simran4god at 12:47 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• Do not use the castor oil it is a wives tale and horrid for you and your baby. I have heard horror stories from people (including doctors and nurses) about using it and how sick it made them.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 1:40 PM on Jan. 20, 2009