PREGNANCY AND TRAVEL???

K so I'm moving and traveling for 9 hours in a car and I'm is 37 weeks pregnant. Will this cause me to go into labor?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:29 AM on Jan. 20, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I did the same thing. Just get out every hour, drink pleanty of fluids, dont forget your prenatl vitamins, and make sure your doctor knows, and make sure you have a doctor lined up for you at the new place. Just incase you go into labor, and call the hospital near you to let them know as well so incase you do go, you have a doctor and they will have a room set for you. Good luck mommy!
    russian-mommy

Answer by russian-mommy at 9:35 AM on Jan. 20, 2009

• No, but you do need to remember to get out and walk every hour or so. Drink plenty of fluids, and sit in the back seat if possible with your feet up. Or, if you have to sit in the front, with your feet up on a box or something. You know those little bicycle pedals you can rent for physical therapy? Maybe you can talk to your doc and get one and pedal while you are in the car every little bit so you don't have to stop. You ARE going to swell, and it may be painful. Wear pregnancy compression hose.
    navy-wife

Answer by navy-wife at 7:31 AM on Jan. 20, 2009

• I did this whilst pregnant and the advice I have to give you is walk walk walk, every chance you get. Also plan stops since I had alot of trouble with the bladder.. As navy-wife said the swelling will be painful but providing you move about everytime you get out it should be fine. Good Luck.
    HNK11

Answer by HNK11 at 7:53 AM on Jan. 20, 2009