Nausea and Fatigue

I've been to the docs about it and they've done blood tests but can't seem to find anyting wrong. There's no way I'm pregnant, since I came on my period a week ago. And it's really making life difficult and my doc's just sort of said I don't know. So I'm real peed off. Anyone got any ideas?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:00 AM on Jan. 20, 2009 in Health

• What about your iron, have they checked that and your thyroids?

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:01 AM on Jan. 20, 2009

• Yep they've checked for anaemia and checked my hormone levels.
    Anonymous

• Sounds like it could be a lot of things. Thyroid condition comes to mind or a flu. How long has it been going on? Are your symptoms worse or better at any particular time (either time of day or before or after something). It could also be hypoglycemia.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 8:05 AM on Jan. 20, 2009

• 'maybe a virus? how long have you had it for?
    kyriesmommy13

Answer by kyriesmommy13 at 8:05 AM on Jan. 20, 2009

• They're worse in the morning which is why I presumed pregnancy or something along those lines, and I can eat and I don't actually throw up but the nausea is quite litereally overwhelming. I've had it for a month or so now.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:07 AM on Jan. 20, 2009

• I would insist that your MD take another look at you since it is so persistent. If s/he still brushes you off then go for a second opinion. They need to do more blood tests to figure out what's causing it.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 8:13 AM on Jan. 20, 2009

• I agree with beckcorc
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:17 AM on Jan. 20, 2009

• I agree that you definitely need to go back to the doctor for another look. If he still doesn't find anything go to another doctor. try Medmd.com to find what it could be as well.. sometimes if you research things yourself your doctor doesn't brush you off so easily, like a mechanic.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 2:56 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• There are a couple things that spring to mind. Hypoglycemia is one. Gastroparesis, another. Have you done a gastric emptying study? This tells how fast (or not) your stomach empties after you eat. With Gastroparesis, your food spends too much time in your stomach, which causes the nausea and also means you don't absorb all of the nutrients, which in turn could be causing the fatigue.

It could also be a virus, not all of them are gone within a week.

It could also be ideopathic chronic nausea, which is much harder to diagnose and treat. I've know a few people who were treated successfully with Zoloft, which is traditionally used for depression, but has been known to be used off label for nausea.
    jespeach

Answer by jespeach at 4:20 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• I hope you get an answer soon, and to that end I do recommend seeing another doctor, especially if you feel like this one is humoring you or blowing you off in any way.
    jespeach

Answer by jespeach at 4:21 PM on Jan. 20, 2009