Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

anybody pregnant with no insurance and at a loss of what to do advice please

i am 13 wks pregnant i haven't been able to see a doctor yet i tried once and they wouldn't see me bc i didn't have insurance

Answer Question

Asked by ashleyk22 at 10:53 PM on Jul. 18, 2008 in Pregnancy

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (11)
  • you can get on medacare it will cover you till after you have the baby and then keep covering the baby till you start woring and get back on you feet.

    Answer by hollinicole at 10:56 PM on Jul. 18, 2008

  • Actually, Medicare is for 65+ and disabled people. You want to look into Medicaid and/or Healthy start. If you are low income, you probably will qualify. They will pay for your prenatal care and will provide insurance for the baby when (s)he is born. You would talk to the local welfare office or job and family services.

    Good luck!

    Answer by lawmom623 at 10:58 PM on Jul. 18, 2008

  • Look into government assistance, like medicaid. Try to find services in your local county. I did not have insurance when I got pregnant. This is what I did. My son is still covered by medicaid. I would not have been able to take care of myself or my son during my pregnancy or labor without this help!

    Answer by TeaAndrews at 11:01 PM on Jul. 18, 2008

  • you can go to the health department

    Answer by lawla at 11:08 PM on Jul. 18, 2008

  • go to a clinic they are all over the place explain to them you dont have insur and they will help you and get you in to se a doctor llike planed parent hood or something along thoes lines

    Answer by chopperchic1012 at 11:08 PM on Jul. 18, 2008

  • yeah most cities have a government funded clinic just for this.

    Answer by Princess_s21 at 11:13 PM on Jul. 18, 2008

  • I know in Tennessee they have TennCare, which is wonderful but the people that work there are sooo mean. They treated me like I was garbage! I cried the whole time the woman was getting our information... I hope we never have to go thru that again!

    Answer by Anonymous at 11:56 PM on Jul. 18, 2008

  • Try Medicaid, Medicare, and if you don't qualify for either of those... apply for Healthy Families. There are also local community clinics that can assist you. Look up your local Department of Health and Human services for the nearest offices and applications ready when you go in, and bring all documentation to expedite your qualification paperwork. Good luck!!!

    Answer by mommylam at 12:14 AM on Jul. 19, 2008

  • Yeah, try your state medical programs. And be sure to get WIC too. It will help with your groceries.

    Answer by ArtC at 12:30 AM on Jul. 19, 2008

  • you can go to the doctor and they will sign you up for medical,but then you have to go down to the welfare office and sign up for medical, cause the doctor can only sign you up for i think 2 months its not welfare but thats what its called

    Answer by jackie240 at 5:52 AM on Jul. 19, 2008

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.