Define elegance...

Fashion photographer Cecil Beaton defined elegance as "soap and water." What, to you, makes a woman elegant? Is it possible for a normal woman who has children to raise and a house to clean (and possibly a job outside of that!) to acheive elegance? Who are some elegant women you know or admire?

sariejack

Asked by sariejack at 8:26 AM on Jan. 20, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• Elegance is an attitude that a woman carries about her. It does not matter exactly what she is wearing (think Jackie O in a simple pair of white jeans and a yellow tshirt!). Any woman can possess this "status" (?), but it is mostly determined by your mind! If you feel it, you can be it! Some of the most elegant women that I have ever seen in pictures are not posed or in a full regiment of makeup, jewelry, etc...I am a fan of Jackie, and one of my favorite pictures is one in which she is slouched in a chair, smoking, and barefoot! But she is smiling and obviously enjoying herself. That is not too far off from the way i am at home, minus the cigaretter.
    pinktiara54

Answer by pinktiara54 at 10:05 AM on Jan. 20, 2009

• Princess Diana was Elegant! When she died I was 6 mos pregnant with my older son and I cried and felt so bad.
    elainecat

Answer by elainecat at 3:07 PM on Jan. 20, 2009