what r some things your kids have stuck up their noses. i have had to take mine to specialists 3 times for removal of oreos, cheerios, and the latest...plastic popsicle stick.

i have had to take mine to specialists 3 times for removal of oreos, cheerios, and the latest...plastic popsicle stick. anyone got any suggestions on keeping this from happening? grandpa suggested silence of the lambs mask but not sure if that would fly w/ people going through walmart

hammes_cj

Asked by hammes_cj at 4:40 PM on Jun. 19, 2008 in General Parenting

• When I was a kid, my neighbor girl put a bean up her nose. Her mom finally had to take her to the doctor when she couldn't figure out why she smelled so bad. The bean had started to sprout because of being up there in the warm moist darkness of her nose!!!
    kaseysmommy1003

Answer by kaseysmommy1003 at 4:57 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• Mine stuck a tiny rock up hers lucky for me I was able to plug the other side & get her to blow it out!!LOL Hasn't happened again though thank goodness
    Momntexas

Answer by Momntexas at 5:21 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• My mom said when she was young, she would put salmon bones up her nose and cough them out. Oh boy! lol
    pandora1988

Answer by pandora1988 at 5:39 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• nothing so far but a great uncle of my mom stuck a seed up his nose and he atarted haveing sinus problems and bloody noses - (this was a long, long time ago) and the seed has started to sprout cause it was damp and dark and they had to cut it out!!!

a friend at work has had 2 emergency surgery removals of rocks from her sons ear!
    vakatia

Answer by vakatia at 5:44 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

vakatia

• My son recently stuck a peanut up his nose...I have experience in the ER so I knew what to do. This may save ya some money and aggravation...if it happens again. If the item is circular...only circular...other shapes can become more lodged or cause damage to the nasal membranes.  plug the nostril that the item is not in and blow through the childs mouth. It may take several times and you have to blow with great force...the item will come flying out. It is a trip the first time ya do it.        good luck....I hope ya won't need my advice..
    MommasCooCoo

Answer by MommasCooCoo at 6:01 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• My daughter put carpet padding in her nose, carpet, the cornbread off of her sonic corndog, paper, toilet paper... that's all I can remember... but it was an ongoing saga there for a whole year! The trick that is written in the above post is the only way we could get most of it out. EEEEWW! Gross! But, it works!!!!!
    1bizzeebee

Answer by 1bizzeebee at 9:29 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• My brother stuck a dried bean up his nose and had to see the doc. My oldest stuck a piece of candy (Tart-N-Tinys) up there. She was about 4. She tells me "I lost my candy." I asked where she lost it and she said "up my nose." So I held one nostril while she blew and it came out with some colored snot! lol Then she stuck a barbie shoe up her sisters nose but my friend just pulled it out.
    seakla

Answer by seakla at 12:49 PM on Jun. 24, 2008