They built it up, but will they come? How many do you think will actually show up?

Following a historic nomination, you'd expect historic crowds. And if predictions come true, D.C. is about to become one packed house. While crowd estimates once peaked at 4 to 5 million, the Washington Post found that an internal report stated that the Secret Service is expecting anywhere from 1.5 to 2 million. (The record for the biggest crowd belongs to Lyndon B. Johnson, who saw 1.2 million in 1965.)
But numbers may continue to dwindle. According to FOXNews:
The Pennsylvania-based Red Lion Bus Company has canceled nearly all of its trips to Washington on inaugural week because passengers are steadily backing out of their reservations, the company's owner told FOXNews.com.
"Most passengers are canceling because they're not able to get tickets to any place where you could really see anything," said company owner Dennis Warner.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:34 AM on Jan. 20, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• So. How many do you think will be show?

I think 1-1.4 million
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:35 AM on Jan. 20, 2009

• I dunno, but my husband made it to work in record time this AM...guess everyone here headed to DC!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:36 AM on Jan. 20, 2009

• Funny Obama never lives up to the hype. I guess he didnt get a band to play free or give out free hot dogs and beer? I say it snows and people go home.
    Anonymous

• its gonna be like woodstock. if you remembered it, then you weren't there. lol.
    chickenhobbit

Answer by chickenhobbit at 8:37 AM on Jan. 20, 2009

• I live in Norfolk, VA which is about 2 hours of so from DC and it took my hubby almost 2 hours to get to work because traffic was so congested on 64 West bound (the way to DC) It usually takes him about 20 minutes to get to work.
    navy-wife

Answer by navy-wife at 8:41 AM on Jan. 20, 2009

• navy-wife, OMG, I don't envy him. I used to live in Hampton, VA. and when 64 is backed up... Ugggh!! Grid Lock!
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 8:43 AM on Jan. 20, 2009

• grlygrlz, he works at the Northrupp Gruuman shipyard, there was a wreck in the HRB tunnel *gag*
    navy-wife

Answer by navy-wife at 8:45 AM on Jan. 20, 2009

• Those tunnels are a pain in the arse!
    Hope he got to work safely and a safe trip home for him!
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 8:48 AM on Jan. 20, 2009

• Turn on CBS or one of the national networks and take a look. They are there.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 9:03 AM on Jan. 20, 2009

• They came! I personally believe that it would be a wasted trip and you can see way more from home with all the news coverage,
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 9:18 AM on Jan. 20, 2009