Help! My husband accidentally put soap in my new stoneware baker! Is it ruined???

It's a Pampered Chef Deep Covered Cranberry Baker, and last night, when he was cleaning up the kitchen after I left the house (for a Pampered Chef party, ironically enough) he put soap in the baker. It was the first time I used it, and I didn't realize what he had done until this morning when I looked at the baker and saw soap bubbles in it. Is there any way I can save it, or will everything taste like soap from now on???

wismom

Asked by wismom at 8:49 AM on Jan. 20, 2009 in Home & Garden

• No, it isn't ruined. It's okay. Just clean it with hot water and a scrubbie. Just let it soak in clean HOT water for a few hours. My SIL has been selling pampered chef for YEARS and she has to contend with my BROTHER doing this to her. Trust me, it's fine.
    Gypsy98

Answer by Gypsy98 at 5:05 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• I would contact Pampered Chef just to be sure, but I would think if you kept running hot water into it, and maybe even cooked something like ground beef, or something with greasy oil that you wouldn't mind throwing away, it might help. I guess it all depends on how long he had the soapy water soaking in the dish!
    PSMother

Answer by PSMother at 9:43 AM on Jan. 20, 2009

• I have three things by Pampered Chef. The deep dish baker, the loaf pan and pizza stone.My husband has washed it with soap and it hasn't effected the taste in the foods I had cooked in them.So I wouldnt worry about it.
    Jeffsmom87

Answer by Jeffsmom87 at 9:03 PM on Jan. 28, 2009