How do you get a 15mos old to sleep in his own bed when he is capable of crying 5 hours+ straight?

I used to have him in his crib. But he got all his teeth at the same time and that is when it started. I needed sleep and could not sleep on the chair with him anymore. When trying to get him to sleep in his crib again, he once cried five hours straight, but then consistently would go over an hour straight before i gave up. I can not take the crying for over an hour, and don't know how to get him out of our bed.

hsprinkel

Asked by hsprinkel at 8:52 AM on Jan. 20, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Try laying down with him to help him fall asleep at first and as he gets the hang of it, then each day move yourself farther away from him.
    Silvertears1275

Answer by Silvertears1275 at 9:38 AM on Jan. 20, 2009