limited options

lets see.......i have a 17 month old and 5 month old, it is too cold to go out, no money for the gym or equipment for at home, food has become my best friend being stuck in the house all day (boredom eating, i think) and by the time the 2 girls are sleeping, all i want to do is catch a few zzzz's myself. can someone please help me get out of this rut? i have put in prob about 15 to 20 lbs in the past 5 months and it is really starting to get to me !!!! oh i want to add this is not baby weight or anything, my children are my g-daughters that we have custody of and are raising. so it is all my doing..lol

lilredsfrm67

Asked by lilredsfrm67 at 8:55 AM on Jan. 20, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• Having small kids and no money has nothing to do with losing weight. I remember seeing this one girl who was around 250 lbs and she dropped 100 lbs and had small kids and no money. When they asked her how she said she used what she had. She would use canned food as weights, she would get on the floor and do sit ups and push ups and the kids thought she was playing. She did work outs that came on TV and the kids did them with her or tried. She readjusted her diet and ate salad, fruits, veggies etc and took the kids on walks everyday. You can do it.

Answer by gemgem at 9:19 AM on Jan. 20, 2009

• You don't need any money to afford to workout at home. You can find popular workout videos at the library to do at home. I LOVE the Biggest Loser workouts. And if you can't even get to the library, many cable companies, such as Time Warner have On Demand Channels including Exercise on Demand, Biggest Loser, Jillian Michaels, Pilates, Tae Bo, Leslie Sansone and dozens of workouts right there at your finger tips FREE everyday!
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 1:45 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• Seeing as exercise is a little awkward for you right now I would focus on your diet. If you have a good diet you will feel immensely better and this can be enough to move you into other areas a lot easier (you will have more energy!).

So eat plenty of fruit - as much as you desire before each meal and have a large green salad daily. This is important for energy levels and also curbing cravings.

On top of this I would make sure you get plenty of sleep.

Fresh air and sunlight are important..so even if its just going in your garden for half an hour its better than nothing (if you can manage it in the cold with the babies wrapped up snuggly).

Exercise is important...maybe jump around, put some music on while you clean etc....a little is better than nothing at all.
    keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 4:30 PM on Jan. 20, 2009