Does your 10 month old stare?

My husband noticed one day that our 10 month old, usually when tired, will stare, most of the time you can talk to him and he gives u a slygrin, but stil continues to stare, Last night i noticed it, he was in his highchari and stared, but this time didnt answer me when i called his name, Should I be worried?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:01 AM on Jan. 20, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• oh i don't know. that does sound strange my 10 month old doesn't stare he's very alert.. even if he does stare its not for long and as soon as we talk to him he looks at us. Id keep an eye on it. If it worries you just make a call to his pediatrician and ask them.
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 9:05 AM on Jan. 20, 2009

• My 14m old does this... I think he does it just to relax and clear his mind... I wouldnt worry...
    HottMamaRossx2

Answer by HottMamaRossx2 at 9:11 AM on Jan. 20, 2009

• i did that as a baby, they found out i have sejures. get him checked just to be safe, but to be honest I wouldnt be scared about it, he could just be relaxed.
    russian-mommy

Answer by russian-mommy at 9:53 AM on Jan. 20, 2009

• Staring episodes can be caused by absence type seizures. You should take him to the doctor just to be sure. While it is common to stare when tired, it is still worth checking out.
    yakara77

Answer by yakara77 at 10:03 AM on Jan. 20, 2009