do you think people would be able to sneak guns in today?

(I ABSOLUTELY DO NOT HOPE THEY CAN DON'T THINK THAT)
I'm just saying because that is so close to wear MLK had been shot.. Or do you think its impossible because of all the security?? Like do you think Obama is scared about that at all? again i absolutely HOPE NOT. It was just a thought i thought of when i heard something on the news about MLK.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:03 AM on Jan. 20, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I heard hes going to be behind some glass so they are probably worried about it Im sure. If he wasnt scared he would be a big fool.

Answer by gemgem at 9:06 AM on Jan. 20, 2009

• Truth is, people are sneaky and bad. Yes, it is def possible to sneak a weapon in . Of course, I hope not. But I think all presidents are scared, not just Obama cause he's black and yesterday was MLK day.
    navy-wife

Answer by navy-wife at 9:06 AM on Jan. 20, 2009

• GemGem, ALL presidents are behind a sheet of bullet proof glass for public speeches. Not just the black one. Even with this, a full metal jacket could easily blow through bullet proof glass. I didn't vote for Obama, but he is still just as "safe" as every other president. I dont' wish him harm.
    navy-wife

Answer by navy-wife at 9:08 AM on Jan. 20, 2009

• i certainly hope not. thats the LAST thing this country needs. ever since obama was nominated, i worried about that happening. but since his race is so very historically important to people, he shouldn't be surprised.
    i think its sad that the news would bring up the similarity between the two men, plus how close their locations are in regard to the assassination (if i am correct in assuming that's how you heard it?). thats almost asking for trouble.
    chickenhobbit

Answer by chickenhobbit at 9:08 AM on Jan. 20, 2009

• Aww well I can care less about his color to be honest. He can be blue, pink or striped for all I care. The fact is there are people in this world who may care more then others and I think hes probably the least safe president we have had to date. He should be scared.

Answer by gemgem at 9:10 AM on Jan. 20, 2009

• Dear God, I hope not. I didn't vote for him and can't stand him but he's got young children and I don't want him hurt.
    LibraryLady200

Answer by LibraryLady200 at 9:10 AM on Jan. 20, 2009

• Isn't that why he'll be DRIVEN down Pennsylvania Avenue for the Parade portion, INSTEAD of walking--like past presidents?!?

C'mon Obama...show everyone how brave you are...you're gonna be amongst "your own" what's to fear?!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:12 AM on Jan. 20, 2009

• Your damn right someone could get a gun in there. As many people that will be there... I dont care how much security you have, if someone wants to get a gun in they will. I hope not for Obama's sake and the people around him at the time. Just let the man try to do his job is what I say. I didn't vote for him, but he won right? So I say leave him alone and let him "try" to fix things.
    MyMayBaby_Chloe

Answer by MyMayBaby_Chloe at 9:13 AM on Jan. 20, 2009

• I dont see why hes scared he is among is lovers. I also dont see why he didnt send his kids to public school in DC or why he needs 100k to redecorate the white house. It isnt like its a dump like most of the projects around the corner from it.
    In any case yes he should be scared but he should have thought about that before he ran knowing he had small children who need a father in their lives and not one who could be killed or put them in harms way.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:14 AM on Jan. 20, 2009

• MLK had young children when he was assassinated...that didn't stop him from realizing his dreams.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:16 AM on Jan. 20, 2009