ABC Mouse 0nline learning program. Does it really work/help?

I am thinking about trying a subscription for a month on ABCmouse for my kids, since they struggling with reading.
I noticed that one of my oldest son who is in first grade, shows more interest on reading on the online program that his teacher has him on, he is able to go online at home and do his reading homework there and he shows wayy more interest on that than him reading 10 books at home that he has previously read already at school on same day. but he is the only one that has access to that, because its part of his classroom. his brothers cannot log onto.
We still continue to make them read regular books, but my youngest has a delay on speech and I heard about abcmouse, but i am wondering if anyone else has actually seeing any pogress on it?
I think that it will else help my oldest two sons who both are in first grade.

I am just looking for some feedback. if anyone has tried it, or its a member of it for hteir kids, seeing any pogress on their kids.
I read to my kids everyday, help them with their homework, but its hard to keep them interested, so i am hoping that this site could keep this itnerested.

thanks in advance.

20_mama_3

Asked by 20_mama_3 at 1:53 PM on Feb. 29, 2012 in General Parenting

• I have no idea but with free programs like starfall.com and abcya.com I have not felt the need to even look at it. I have seen huge progress with my DD using those!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 1:55 PM on Feb. 29, 2012

• The website is wonderful, we use it as part of our homeschooling curicculum from math to reading. I just got my first month free when we signed bck up so you might want to look into that. My son loves doing allot of school wrk on this program bc he gets tickets for every time he finishes a lesson and then he gets to buy more stuff for his online fish tank and mice cage. Its very neat, they get to.name, feed and water them and clean the fishes tank when it gets dirty. I would also definatly reccomend starfall.com, this is the best website imo for learning how to read. Check them both out!
    HmschoolingMom

Answer by HmschoolingMom at 3:06 PM on Feb. 29, 2012

• I don't know. But when I saw it advertised I went on the site and saw that you had to pay for it it threw me off because I would think they would at least give you a free trial and let you decide if u want yo continue
    BUTTERFLY463

Answer by BUTTERFLY463 at 7:47 PM on Feb. 29, 2012

• I love it also. I have been a member since it went into testing. I don't pay for it so that is a bonus but my kids love it, even the one's that can read.
    luckysevenwow

Answer by luckysevenwow at 12:35 AM on Mar. 1, 2012