Is it ok to exercise during menstruation?

I want to work out on treadmill but will i just bleed more? how long do i need to wait?

fairybrokenwing

Asked by fairybrokenwing at 11:04 PM on Jul. 18, 2008 in Diet & Fitness

• yes, it actually helps some with the cramping believe it or not, of course listen to your body and dont over do it esp if your feeling a bit weak which you sometimes can at that time.
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 11:11 PM on Jul. 18, 2008

• Yes, its ok. Whenever I was in HS sports, and on my monthly, it actually helped it, and made it a little less intense.
    Zoann

Answer by Zoann at 11:12 PM on Jul. 18, 2008

• Use tampons, Ive always heard that increasing your calcium intake and exercising before and during your period help alot with cramps.
    davesgirl86

Answer by davesgirl86 at 11:48 PM on Jul. 18, 2008

• I don't see a problem with it. It actually makes me feel better during that time of the month. But if you're worried about bleeding through a pad, wear a tampon.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 2:00 AM on Jul. 19, 2008