Anyone else an emotional mess this morning?

Listening to the people talk this morning on the hope they have, the future they could now have, etc. Watching these young children so proud to be apart of history. I am an emotional mess. Seriously!
Whether you voted for Obama or not you have to admit that there is nothing like watching history happen before your eyes and sharing it with your children. Giving them that sense of hope that one day, that could be them!

njmommy2boys

Asked by njmommy2boys at 9:20 AM on Jan. 20, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I don't throw "all of my eggs into one basket" so to speak when it comes to the belief that he will "make it all better." Our economy is not a skinned knee and it is going to take a lot more than a band-aid to fix it. I do however see the significance in this moment and it has made me very emotional. The civil rights movement is a part of our not so distant history and for me this has marked a pinnacle in our success as far as progress and racial tolerance are concerned. I have bi-racial children and I know longer have to put my "poker face" on when my five year old asks if he can become president one day as I smile and nod. I can now tell my children that they can be anything they want to be with hard work and perseverance. It's a good feeling to know that he has instilled this kind of hope into our nation.
    micrespo

Answer by micrespo at 12:50 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• to be honest, no i'm watching and im happy for obama and happy history is being made today.. but i really just don't care. =\ to me he's just another president. its ridiculous how big of a deal they are making for this because of his skin color.
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 9:22 AM on Jan. 20, 2009

• I don't feel it's different from any other President being sworn in. Why is this one so special? Wouldn't you want your kids to believe that anything is possible, regardless of who is being sworn in as president?

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:22 AM on Jan. 20, 2009

• eh, yesssssss......but a different kind of emotional mess.
    chickenhobbit

Answer by chickenhobbit at 9:24 AM on Jan. 20, 2009

• No and don't care !!!! He's nothing special just another President.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:27 AM on Jan. 20, 2009

• Yes.... I feel like you do. I am trying to use today to educate my 5.5 year old about America and the president ect. And instill patriotism and love for country. He is sick and out of school today so I thought we would learn about that instead.

My grandfather lives about 45 minutes away from D.C. and I have visited there dozens of times, but not yet with my son. I am trying to make a future trip more important to him so that he will know where we are and why we are going there.

I did not vote for Obama...but now that he is our pres. I will support and pray that he will be the leader we need!
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 9:29 AM on Jan. 20, 2009

• honestly njmommy, to answer your question, i don't think you're going to find many happy people here at this time. most of them are probably tuned into the festivities by now.
    chickenhobbit

Answer by chickenhobbit at 9:30 AM on Jan. 20, 2009

• Burnt out !!!! I have heard all the cries and stories before. It's beginning to be a joke .

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:32 AM on Jan. 20, 2009

• Just another day for me. I don't feel any different today. Not watching the inaugration at all.
    LND

Answer by LND at 9:34 AM on Jan. 20, 2009

• HIstory, what history? We get a new President every 4 (or 8) yrs. There is no history to that. Obama is no big deal, he puts his pants on one leg at a time just like everyone else. I'm not even turning on the TV today. Just not interested in all the medias blah blah blah
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 9:41 AM on Jan. 20, 2009