how can i make his stop slobbering all over himself and everything eles

my son is 2 years old he will not wear a bib anymore and slobbers all over everything himself and everyone how do i get him to stop

chopperchic1012

Asked by chopperchic1012 at 11:06 PM on Jul. 18, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Is he still teething?
    Whats the cause of his slobbering?
    Anonymous

• Is he disabled? My son is 4 and he is disabled and the doctors say it has to do with the muscles in his mouth. They actually have meds that can stop all the slobbering, but his has really decreased since he has gotten older.
    totallytired

Answer by totallytired at 11:38 PM on Jul. 18, 2008

• i dont think he is teething anymore hes not disabled i dont think he seem ok he just ruins so many shirts it out of hand
    chopperchic1012

Answer by chopperchic1012 at 12:30 AM on Jul. 19, 2008

• If he is teething you can't. The exxtra slob is because of his teeth coming in.
    giejie

Answer by giejie at 1:02 AM on Jul. 19, 2008

• if hes younger than 5 or even six hs stil teething
    giejie

Answer by giejie at 1:04 AM on Jul. 19, 2008

• my daughter slobbered all time time and still does....she is almost 2! she is not teething and just does it. I think it is a phase and it will be over soon. I just put darker colored shirts on her so it doesn't ruin her shirts too bad!
    mommy-in-pink

Answer by mommy-in-pink at 1:15 AM on Jul. 19, 2008

• How sad that you are more concerned with the laundry than you are with the health of your child.
    QueSeraSera

Answer by QueSeraSera at 10:58 AM on Jul. 19, 2008

• im not more concerned with the clothes i could care less about the clothes i worry if it is something that i should worry about i love my kids they are the world to me but im not a billionair so i cant keep buyin clothes and i dont get a lot of help from family because they dont like my husband i want my son to be ok not the clothes slobber is slobber but is it normal for him 2 slobber so much
    chopperchic1012

Answer by chopperchic1012 at 3:21 PM on Jul. 19, 2008

• My son will be three in November and slobbers continuously. I have noticed that he breathes through his mouth and also has trouble swallowing at times. My mother is an RN and believes the three might be linked. She has urged me to see a specialist, which I am. His appointment is later this week. I will post the outcome. I understand how annoying this can be. I have yet to take my son anywhere clean. I always have to pack several outfits and bibs. When we are going somewhere nice I get stressed because I know by the time we get there he will be nasty. My main concern, like you is whether it is normal or if something is wrong, but in the meantime, it is embarrasing. People judge before they understand. Even my mother has commented that she wishes just once I would put him in something clean before I bring him over.
    charitylmc

Answer by charitylmc at 1:15 PM on Aug. 25, 2008