Betty Crocker or Duncan Hines?

Which is better for cake mix? Actually, I want to make cupcakes for kids. Also, which flavor and what icing do kids like most?

M2Mommy

Asked by M2Mommy at 9:33 AM on Jan. 20, 2009 in Food & Drink

• I've really found no difference in Brand. I tend to go for something with pudding in the mix. Kids are generally happy with Chocolate and Vanilla. (I'd make both so they have a choice) As for frosting....again, chocolate and vanilla. Maybe make some chocolate with chocolate and some vanilla with vanilla and then do a little of the opposite on each kind too. Kids are funny about what flavors they want where. A lot of times flavor won't even matter, it might depend on the color of icing you have.
    Nika75

Answer by Nika75 at 12:27 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• i tend to by betty crocker as she is on sale more often then duncain hines. They both taste the same to me. I like the chocolate frosting recipe that is on the side of the hershey coco can.
    mommytobrooke

Answer by mommytobrooke at 12:52 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• I like betty crocker.. my favorite is the sprinkle frosting(it's not overly rich)
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 3:04 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• Duncan Hines are a bit moister and slightly denser than Betty Crocker cakes, so it just depends on what you're looking for.

When I made cupcakes for my daughter's class, I usually made a combination of vanilla and chocolate, or marble, except in the summer (she went to a year-round school in elementary) when I would make strawberry cream cupcakes.

You can do vanilla with chocolate frosting and chocolate with vanilla frosting, and then a few with all vanilla or all chocolate. That will please pretty much any group.
    jespeach

Answer by jespeach at 3:18 PM on Jan. 20, 2009