toximia

has anyone ever had this during their first pregnancy? I'm 38 weeks and my doctor wants to induce labor anyone have any suggestions or experiances to share?

mamatobe1989

Asked by mamatobe1989 at 9:41 AM on Jan. 20, 2009 in Pregnancy

• My sister did and they had to induce her two months early. Only way to cure it is to have your baby. I think you will be fine. Good luck to you and your baby.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:42 AM on Jan. 20, 2009

• agreed, the only way to fix it is to have your baby, if you dont then your baby could die. good luck to you and your lil one
    russian-mommy

Answer by russian-mommy at 10:00 AM on Jan. 20, 2009

• Actually it's more dangerous for the mother, so don't be afraid they are doing what is best for your health first than the baby.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:02 AM on Jan. 20, 2009

• Since the doctor is well aware that you are showing signs of it then everything should be fine. Once the signs of toxemia are there the doctors keep a close eye on the mother and they will induce as soon as they notice any changes. As everyone else said, the only cure for toxemia is delivery. If your doctor induces you then it's because he/she felt that was the best option. At 38 weeks your baby should be perfectly fine so the main concern is keeping mom healthy.
    momof2il

Answer by momof2il at 11:06 AM on Jan. 20, 2009