37 weeks and questioning??

I am dialated 5 cm and 80 % effaced....strong contractions but my doctor keeps sending me home..Is it not obivous that she is comming...don't know what to do...the nurses were trying everything to keep me there..HELP

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:45 AM on Jan. 20, 2009 in Pregnancy

• 5cm? You should be in L7D. I would go.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:46 AM on Jan. 20, 2009

• L&D sry
    Anonymous

• Go back and refuse to go home.....is this your first?
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 9:47 AM on Jan. 20, 2009

• Yes this is my first...My contractions were reg. 4-10 min apart but my crazy doctor said to send me home and not to come back till they are 3-5 min apart...I'm so scared that I ain't going to make it
    Coralee42

Answer by Coralee42 at 9:55 AM on Jan. 20, 2009

• GO BACK!! REFUSE TO LEAVE, THATA BABY IS COMMING SOON!! if i could i beat your doctor's ass!! (sorry for being voulger but thats just wrong)
    russian-mommy

Answer by russian-mommy at 9:59 AM on Jan. 20, 2009

• Have you tried walking? Walking should make the contractions stronger if it is true labor. Where are your contractions? In front, in back or all over? In any case, I wish everything to go smoothly for you.
    MomShawn70

Answer by MomShawn70 at 10:01 AM on Jan. 20, 2009

• I would def. go back to the hospital and if they try to send you home again, just walk around the hospital until your contractions are close like he wants them to be. Atleast you'll already be at the hospital if baby suddenly comes.
    kstap_4

Answer by kstap_4 at 10:12 AM on Jan. 20, 2009

• You could be in that phase of labor for days. unless your uterus is contracting at a consistent rate you probably are not progressing. The regular contractions 2-3 minutesapart is what dialates your cervix. Just have patience, I promise when the real things comes along you will know for sure. Good luck!! God bless.....

http://www.suite101.com/article.cfm/labor_delivery/86449

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:35 AM on Jan. 20, 2009

• With my first I was 4cm dilated a month before my due date and my son was only a week early. I know people want to believe that there doctors don't know what they are doing but assuming you are not his first patient you have to trust that he knows what he is doing.

slick05

Answer by slick05 at 11:02 AM on Jan. 20, 2009

• Wow you need to be @ the hospital that baby could come any minute. Good luck and congrats.
    Angel7207

Answer by Angel7207 at 11:08 AM on Jan. 20, 2009