Unwanted dreams?

I keep having dreams about cheating on my husband or leaving him for ex bf's and it's driving me crazy! I don't feel that way about my husband and would never do those things. I never think about my ex bf's. I pray to God to take these dreams away from me because they make me feel guilty for things I haven't even done, but I'm still having them. Why am I having these dreams?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:56 AM on Jan. 20, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I am a Christian, and I dont believe we have control or direct our dreams in any way.
    I would keep praying for God to take the dreams away but if they continue, ignore them. Your anxiety about them may keep them going.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:59 AM on Jan. 20, 2009

• I had the same kind of dreams last night. They are driving me nuts!!!!! I would never leave my husband though.
    LND

Answer by LND at 10:04 AM on Jan. 20, 2009

• I feel for you. It seemed when I was pregnant I would have dreams about my husband cheating or myself during one pregnancy. I'd wake up and give him crap for cheating on me in my dream. I've never felt like he was or would ever. The first time I dreamt I'd cheated on him I woke up crying and appologising to him. Now I will have the occasionaly sex dream and he's not in it. I feel horrible and just pray for God to take the throught's and images from me.
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 10:15 AM on Jan. 20, 2009

• To dream that you are cheating on your spouse, mate, fiance, or significant other, suggests feelings of self-guilt and self-betrayal. You may have compromised your beliefs or integrity and/or wasting your energy and time on fruitless endeavors. Alternatively, it reflects the intensity of your sexual passion and exploring areas of your sexuality. It is actually a reaffirmation of your commitment. Furthermore, it is not uncommon for people approaching a wedding to have dreams about erotic experiences with partners other than their intended spouses. Most likely, such dreams represent the newness of your sexual passion. It may also signify anxieties of changing your identity - that of a spouse.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:13 AM on Jan. 20, 2009

• if they are just dreams and know in your heart that you would never do it then maybe accepting them they will eventually fade.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 12:09 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• I think my biggest issue with these dreams is they get me fantasizing about men that aren't my husband. These thoughts and images get so ingrained in my mind for the next couple of days that it's hard to do anything with my husband without thinking about them.

I would let it go if I could, but I can't...
    Anonymous

• The key is not to act on them. Satan can only present but you have the power to resist. Resis the devil and he will flee.
    Sis.Jackson

Answer by Sis.Jackson at 1:26 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• "it reflects the intensity of your sexual passion and exploring areas of your sexuality." -- try some different positions or something to spice up your sex..
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 1:29 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• xxhazelovexx: can you give me some scientific facts on your assumptions?
    Sis.Jackson

Answer by Sis.Jackson at 1:30 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• OP: I've been married for 12 years. Satan will try everything to ruin your marriage by putting all kinds of things in your mind. As a Christian you have to understand that he is a liar and a deceiver. It appers that you are happily married to your husband. The more Satan attacks you with those dreams, find ways to draw closer to your husband and make the circle of your relationship stronger. Be encouraged and God bless.
    Sis.Jackson

Answer by Sis.Jackson at 1:35 PM on Jan. 20, 2009