walker at two months!!!!

my baby is two months old and his grandmother, my MIL or whatever you want to call her puts him in a walker. I believe thats completely dangerous, for a baby so young. My recent ex thinks i shouldnt interfere with the way she "raises" him. I dont think she should be "raising" him. I think I should I am his mother. She doesnt listen to me or respect my wishes as the babies mother. Cant he see this is bad, or is he just a mommas boy? I think we are going to need to go to court over custody...but is there any way I can get her to stop using that walker! i dont want my baby to split his lip or have neck problems. Does anyone else agree that a young baby should not be in a walker! How do I change this?

shellxobabie

Asked by shellxobabie at 9:58 AM on Jan. 20, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I wouldn't put him in a walker either. tell her not to, you are the mother and she should respect your wishes and if she doesn't well you know what to do.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:00 AM on Jan. 20, 2009

• wait does your MIL have custody??
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 10:01 AM on Jan. 20, 2009

• no but he takes my baby there every chance he gets and she wont listen to me.
    shellxobabie

Answer by shellxobabie at 10:01 AM on Jan. 20, 2009

• You are correct he should not be in a walker at this time. He more then likely can not even hold his up, on his own, very good.

http://www.drgreene.com/21_810.html

This article might help because it is from a DR point of view. She may listen to that more. I also agree that you are the mother and you should be the one to make the decisions. I would say you have to tell her out right how you feel and what you expect. I am not sure if this is possible for you.

Good Luck
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 10:03 AM on Jan. 20, 2009

• well i don't know your babies strength.. if your son obviously can't handle the walker I would say something.. I don't know if i would take him back to court for that reason.. that seems kinda goofy. We never put my son in a walker, but we did use a jumperoo and I think we put him in there somewhere around that age between 2-3 months I THINK. BUT my son was alot stronger then most. he was crawling at 4 months.. so i don't know..
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 10:05 AM on Jan. 20, 2009

• i would have a nice "chit-chat" with her and def let her know how you feel about it. He is your baby after all. She already raised her kids. Its your time with your rules.
    RedSox2321

Answer by RedSox2321 at 10:07 AM on Jan. 20, 2009

• shes insane i dont know how to put it nicely, i ask her not to do certain things... she will not listen and literally screams in my face. right up close to my face asking me if im stupid. someone tell me what i can do.
    shellxobabie

Answer by shellxobabie at 10:10 AM on Jan. 20, 2009

• The baby is WAY to small to be in a stroller. Your baby could end up hurt. do some research print it out and have her read it. maybe then it would show her how wrong she is, or get a doctor on the phone and have her listen to the doctor. She should listen to you anyways. YOU ARE MOM. dont let other people try to be the mother of your baby. PUT YOUR FOOT DOWN!! and let her know that, thats it. no more. it wont happen any more. and if she still dont listen. Take her to court for neglect!!! that is not something you should just let her get away with. not at all!
    russian-mommy

Answer by russian-mommy at 10:16 AM on Jan. 20, 2009

• She doesnt need to be watching your baby. That is too much for a 2 MO to handle. It is bad for their whole body. If she wont respect you as the childs mother she doesnt deserve to see the baby.
    LovinEveryDay

Answer by LovinEveryDay at 10:16 AM on Jan. 20, 2009

• You are absolutely right, you have ultimate say over the baby, not the grandmother. As for the walker it is safe for the baby to sit in once he can hold up his head on his own. I think two months is a little young.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 10:21 AM on Jan. 20, 2009