Sleep Help Needed PLEASE!

Hi Ladies, I am hoping some of you can offer some suggestions. My daughter will be 3 in March and has been having a very difficult time going to bed lately. She tries everything she can to stall when it is time for us to leave her room. She is afraid if her room is dark and is afraid of the shadows that her night light casts over her room. She will get out of bed anywhere from 2-6 times during that first hour or hour and a half. Once she is asleep, she will come into our room each night around 2am for any reason from "my blankets came off" to "I want my nightlight on/off." It is very frustrating. I know she is most likely scared but it is hard to be patient when this happens several times every night. Please help!!

Abbeysmom310

Asked by Abbeysmom310 at 10:07 AM on Jan. 20, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• you could try leaving her light in her room on and when she gets outta bed out her back in the bed and tell her its ok .you can alos try putting some lulabyes on when she is falling asleep .sorry i can t spell lol
    britme1027

Answer by britme1027 at 10:09 AM on Jan. 20, 2009

• I'd suggest this nightlight:
    http://www.amazon.com/MOBI-70175-TykeLight-Portable-GloMate/dp/B001HKPHYQ/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=baby-products&qid=1232471048&sr=8-1
    She can easily turn it on and off herself simply by picking it up. If she picks it up, it comes on. If she puts it back on its base, it turns off.

Also, does she have a stuffed animal who guards her? My daughter has a stuffed dragon whose job is to bite any monsters who come in the room. He does a very good job - no monsters have been seen since he went on duty.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 12:08 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• Last, try a bedtime pass. You can use anything you want as the physical pass (like a hall pass from grade school). But when she gets out of bed, she has to surrender the pass. No pass, no getting out of bed. You can let her have a couple if you want. You can also give her a reward in the morning if she still has her pass. A sticker chart that she fills up for a trip to Baskin Robbins might work.
    kaycee14