What will you say when you are asked "Where were you when Obama became president?"

I will be going to a local historical theater where they will be showing the swearing in and the speech on a big screen. I wish I could be in DC but it was too hard with a new baby!

beckcorc

Asked by beckcorc at 10:19 AM on Jan. 20, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I was home watching the inauguration for both Clinton and Bush. I think I watched it for Bush 41 also (I was only 8 years old!) but I don't remember. I always watch inaugurations. I am a fiend for all things political and have been since Bush 41. I think if you deny that this is especially historical then you are fooling yourself. Of course this is a huge day in history.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 2:52 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• Where were you when Clinton became president, Bush? Why would he be any different? I think people are blowing this WAY out of proportion. He is just as much white as he is black. *shurgs*
    navy-wife

Answer by navy-wife at 10:20 AM on Jan. 20, 2009

• I'll say I was 33 weeks pregnant and passed out in bed. I'm a terrible citizen because I slept through history. hahaha
    bluelady27

Answer by bluelady27 at 10:20 AM on Jan. 20, 2009

• Watching it with my sick 5 year old and trying to teach him about America and history.

I did not vote for Obama but like it or not this IS history and I will support and pray for him!

I hope he is what this country needs.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 10:22 AM on Jan. 20, 2009

• at work. I have a thing about presidents. They all do good, bad and ugy things in office. As will Obama.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 10:29 AM on Jan. 20, 2009

• Home. Or the library. Or the Dollar Store.

I've got errands to run LOL

I kind of agree with navy-wife.
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 10:39 AM on Jan. 20, 2009

• I was the same place as when the other presidents took office -- watching something else on TV.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 4:23 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• Home working on my college assignments so I can earn a degree in order to get a job so I can help pay the doggone bills!
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 6:33 AM on Jan. 21, 2009