Do you think having sex everyday while trying to conceive will increase your chances of having a girl?

We are trying to conceive # 4 we have two boys and one girl and would love to even things out with another girl. Are there any ways to increace the chances of having a girl, or is it just the luck of the draw?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:19 AM on Jan. 20, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• i think its luck of the draw
    britme1027

Answer by britme1027 at 10:24 AM on Jan. 20, 2009

• the seemin is what determins the sex. not how much or how little you have sex. :D
    russian-mommy

Answer by russian-mommy at 10:32 AM on Jan. 20, 2009

• Teh father sperm is what determines the sex of the child. How many brothers and sister's does he have? that should help, but there is nothing you could possibly do to make you have either a boy or a girl.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:38 AM on Jan. 20, 2009

• Have sex farther away from ovulation. The female sperm live longer. The male sperm swim faster but die sooner.

slick05

Answer by slick05 at 10:47 AM on Jan. 20, 2009

• The Shettle's Method(sex farther from ovulation for a girl, closer to ovulation for a boy) has been disproven in many clinical studies.

"There is plenty of scientific study, not conducted by Shettles, that says that the Shettles Method does not work and there is even some scientific evidence that says not only does it not work, but that it can actually prevent you from getting pregnant."

http://pregnancy.about.com/od/genderselection/a/shettlesmethod.htm

Apart from medical intervention, which is expensive, there's nothing you can do.

desert_diva

Answer by desert_diva at 11:07 AM on Jan. 20, 2009

• yes, I've heard that the earlier you have it from ovulation, the better your chances. Also, female sperm can live in more acidic environment then male sperm
    heatherann0221

Answer by heatherann0221 at 12:06 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• No. I have heard it said that the X chromosome sperm are more resistant. Therefore, having sex just before ovulation might slightly increase the chance you're having a girl since it is possible that more of the X chromosome carrying sperm will survive (if any sperm survive at all, that is). HOWEVER, gender is determined by the father's DNA. While women can only contribute an X, men can contribute either and X or Y chromosome (XX paired =female, XY paired =male). If your husband releases more Y sperm than X sperm, chances are that it won't matter what you do, a Y sperm can still prevail giving you another boy. I don't think it is luck really, your chances for boy vs. girl can be calculated using your genetic information. However, causing it to be male or female is out of your control with out specific engineering and intervention by scientists (which I disagree with).
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 12:56 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• I used the chinese birth chart and tried to concieve on the months that cooresponded to the desired gender of baby- worked all 3 times for me- I have boy, girl & boy on the way : ) But this chart is not science- lol- it is most likely just coinsidence that it worked out that way for us!
    litstargazer

Answer by litstargazer at 1:37 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• We werent trying to con. and I was on the pill, but we made love every single nite the month I got preg. and I am having a boy... It is what it is...
    Anonymous

• I was actually wondering the same thing! Because the girl sperms live longer so as the boys are dying off the girls are still there just waiting for that egg to drop. But who knows!
    Cortnye

Answer by Cortnye at 10:14 PM on Jan. 20, 2009