How can i get my teen to stop being so horny?

my teen daughter is 15 she is slow for her age has the mind of a 5 year old child but she is allways horny it's driving me crazy i know shes a teen and all but it never stops everytime i turn around she is touching herself i know she has some problems but is this normal? I mean should i be worried is this a sign that something else is going on with her? I try to ask her why does she keep doing it but she just doesnt talk to me she has never really talked much but she has been talking alot less lately can she be having flash backs from wen she was abused or is she just acting out i'm not sure the phsy said she is acting out but i don't know what to think

Sammymum

Asked by Sammymum at 10:35 AM on Jan. 20, 2009 in General Parenting

• Even if her mind is that was a 5 yr old her body is that of a 15 yr old. She is having the same raging hormones any other teen would. I would see about using coping skills you would on any child that was touching themselves. Tell her not to and only to do that in her room when shes alone.

Answer by gemgem at 10:38 AM on Jan. 20, 2009

• idk i know teens that are not handi capped normally do this but i am not really sure if it is normal for kids with problems
    britme1027

Answer by britme1027 at 10:38 AM on Jan. 20, 2009

• I think it's normal. I worked in as a "special helper" in a home for the mentally disabled. Most of the women there had IQs that matched children. However they were in their 20s, 30s and 40s... These women were the same way. We would have to keep the windows blocked so they didn't flash the work men outside... It was really hard. All they know is it feels good and their hormones are going crazy. The problem is they don't know how to deal with them like an adult... You can talk to her doctor. There are drugs that will slow or stop that but I don't think I would ever use them. Otherwise, just try to get her to understand that this is only something you do when you are alone in bed.
    Good Luck!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:41 AM on Jan. 20, 2009

• Try giving her something to do like crocheting,knitting,embroidery,get her mind going,sounds like she is bored and needs something to get her mind going!
    MarGeee

Answer by MarGeee at 12:05 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• I give her lots to do like dace she can play piano she does that alot but still she is very horny
    Sammymum

Answer by Sammymum at 8:44 AM on Jan. 21, 2009