My Duaghter just turned 3 and were still working on potty training.

My daughter is doing really good I think, but were still having a problem with her pooping in her underwear? She does just fine peeing on the potty, but I don't understand why she wont poop on the potty??? Please help i need advice.

leeann1987

Asked by leeann1987 at 11:20 PM on Jul. 18, 2008 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• My daughter did an dstill does this sometimes. I think its because it is difficult for her to learn how to properly wipe maybe. I wish I had more answers too!
    GarlicMom

Answer by GarlicMom at 11:40 PM on Jul. 18, 2008

• I was having problems potting training my youngest child, so what I did was buy disney princess undies and I told her that she had to let me know when she had to go potty, because the princesses did not want to be dirty. She was so cautious about that because she truly likes the princesses. Try doing that with something she likes. I also gave her a reward everytime she did go potty and we made a very big deal about it by clapping and she would get excited. It worked but stick with this routine for an entire week. Wake up put on her undies and remind her to tell you if she has to go, and let her pick a treat when she does go potty. Do this for a week and she should be potty trained.
    mlarsen

Answer by mlarsen at 11:43 PM on Jul. 18, 2008

• Hello,
    another fun question that I can hopefully help with. My daughter turned 2 on May 30th and we have been potty training for at least 6 mts or so. I have to say that she was wonderful in the begenning till about a month ago about going tinkle in the potty, but the poop was the issue! I also bought her the princess panties and she doesn't like to dirty the panties. I also give her rewards like (cheetos ewww lol) and that helps a lot. My daughter is smart enough and always tells me that it is a no no to go potty in your panties, but she definately has her on and off days. Some days (yesterday) she will poop in her panties right in front of me because she just can't control it enough yet. It takes time and let the child lead you. Always praise when things get accomplished but know that they commonly backslide :) espically when they don't feel well... :) hope this helps :)
    Tenners2

Answer by Tenners2 at 4:42 AM on Jul. 19, 2008

• Sounds normal to me. Generally they learn to pee first then poop. It could be a few months. It's a different feeling. Just takes time.
    pwfaith

Answer by pwfaith at 12:02 AM on Jul. 20, 2008