sterile water

I bought NURSERY water with floride , and in small letters it read water not sterile?

nana389

Asked by nana389 at 10:49 AM on Jan. 20, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i don't think babies are supposed to have flouride. plus, have you tasted it, IMO it's pretty gross. got it a long time ago by accident. you should use distilled or purified water. they sell it at kmart, walmart, target for cheap. oh, and to answer your ?, i don't think any water is sterile-except for medical uses.
    kyriesmommy13

Answer by kyriesmommy13 at 11:01 AM on Jan. 20, 2009

• its better to buy water at the store if you go to walmart or publix in the water isle you can take a look at the labels just find a good quality water distilled or a purified my pick will be EVAN its really good !!!
    nat_mom_of2

Answer by nat_mom_of2 at 11:09 AM on Jan. 20, 2009

• i was told by a nutrisionist to boil water. she said if you boil water, its just like buying baby water at the store but it saves you alot of money. she told me flouride is ok, its good for their teeth. (or coming teeth i guess...)because i told her that i bought this brita container for my son when i make his bottle, and she still suggested i boiled the water... good luck.
    kiliki_malie

Answer by kiliki_malie at 11:11 AM on Jan. 20, 2009

• You don't need to boil water unless you have a well and/or old pipes in the house according to our pediatrician. If you have city water, check with your pediatrician, but you should be able to just use tap water.

If in doubt filter it....MUCH cheaper.

Nursery water is just a way for those companies to make more money. It's the same stuff as in most other bottled water, just with flouride added....
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 11:30 AM on Jan. 20, 2009

• I boil water for my son's bottles. It's cheaper.
    grooveybabe004

Answer by grooveybabe004 at 11:41 AM on Jan. 20, 2009

• well my son's pediatrician says that he NEEDS floride for his teeth so I have to make sure he has it in his water....he doesn't seem to mind the taste...I'd rather him have healthy teeth
    MandyAshley

Answer by MandyAshley at 2:31 PM on Jan. 20, 2009