Is anyone just grateful today?

Regardless of your political party preference, are you even thinking about the fact that we live in a free country where we can elect our own president? I certainly am. No matter whether I voted for the candidate who won any election, this day always makes me feel proud. Anyone else??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:53 AM on Jan. 20, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I am grateful I am alive to see the 1st black President of the United States. Why? Because they said we couldn't do it and we did it. History has been made and I am living proof of it. Anyways I am forever grateful to be apart of this country for my freedom. I'm glad we don't have to walk around covering our faces like other countries. I'm grateful I don't have to duck and dogde bombs. I'm grateful for life itself.
    MrsTGray

Answer by MrsTGray at 12:07 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• Nope Im not proud. I am proud to be an american but always have been, this election didnt make me suddenly proud. My dad is a retired marine who served his country so we can say and do as we please and I proudly say today I am as proud to be american as I was a year ago. Has nothing to do with Obama, who I cant stand.

Answer by gemgem at 10:59 AM on Jan. 20, 2009

• Why? What's happening today, are we annointing the Messiah today? Damn! I better tune into my live feed from Fox News.
    akinbottom2

Answer by akinbottom2 at 10:59 AM on Jan. 20, 2009

• both party's fail us!!! Free country for how long? they gave us two guys that were not born in the U.S.. Why?
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 11:01 AM on Jan. 20, 2009

• No. But it has nothing to do with POTUS or politics. I suppose I should be grateful that I am alive and my kids are healthy.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 11:01 AM on Jan. 20, 2009

• Then why don't all of you just move to another country? I didn't vote for Obama, and my question has nothing to do with him. It has to do with living in a free country!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:06 AM on Jan. 20, 2009

• I am always grateful for living in the US. We have so many Freedoms that too many take for granted.
    I appreciate the historical moment of today for what it is, but not all the hoopla on tv. It's a media frenzy.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 11:06 AM on Jan. 20, 2009

• Why would I move to another country? I have freedoms that I am not willing to give up. What about you anon? Are you willing to give up your freedoms? Any of them?
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 11:07 AM on Jan. 20, 2009

• Yeah, you have the freedom of choice. That's my question, why are some poeple reading so much more into it? I never said I planned on moving or giving up my freedoms, so your statement makes absolutely no sense.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:15 AM on Jan. 20, 2009

wth is that???
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:16 AM on Jan. 20, 2009