is it normal to have a period in the first month of your pregnancy?

im kind of new and young at this please help me?

Asked by hernandezbaby at 1:41 PM on Jun. 18, 2008 in Pregnancy

• It can be normal to have a "period like" bleed during the first month, but I'd check with your doctor to be safe. Good luck!

Answer by faeriemamma at 1:43 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• I dont know if it is normal but it happens alot. I remeber my 1st pregnancy I had periods the 1st 4 months that is why I didnt even know till I was almost 6 months pg. The periods are usally lighter and dont last as long as they would say a normal one is.

• it really all depends.. in the three pregnancies that i had, i did not have a period at all.. but, in my second pregnancy, i did have some weird "stuff" coming out, but it was not period..

Answer by Pooobaihr at 1:44 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• It is normal and is called implantation bleeding. It shouldn't be heavy though. It should only be like light spotting.

Answer by ShamrockMommy2 at 1:45 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• as long as its very light and not a normal period it is very alright to have

Answer by baby_gurl_halo at 1:47 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• I did during all five of mine but it should be light like a spotting.

Answer by sjdchbkr at 1:49 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• it is very light t

Answer by hernandezbaby at 1:57 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• it is very light thank all you guys

• I have never heard of bleeding during pregnancy being okay. I would talk to the Dr. ASAP.

Answer by heather_bee at 4:44 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• My niece had bleeding the first 4 months (off and on)during her pregnancy. She was being monitored by the doctor and we thought that she would end up miscarrying. Her baby was born healthy and there was no explanation for it. Its possible

Answer by Cinnabun07 at 7:16 PM on Jun. 18, 2008