Does anyone recommend a double stroller that can fit into a sedan? Any regrets about the stroller? I just want to purchase one double stroller instead of several.

I'm a mother of a one-year old and expecting another in 7 months. I've been shopping around looking at double strollers, but not sure which one to get. I also have a sedan, not an SUV or minivan. Trying to keep expenses down and trying to be more earthfriendly/ efficient. Does anyone love their double stroller and couldn't imagine managing a growing family without it?

mommylam

Asked by mommylam at 11:29 PM on Jul. 18, 2008 in Shopping

• i have twins that are 1 year old and a double stroller by graco that is wonderfull. i would be able to do half of what i do with out it. i drive a saturn ion and it is a small car but the stroller fits in it just fine
    lovelyme1006

Answer by lovelyme1006 at 11:35 PM on Jul. 18, 2008

• I have the graco duo glider and I love it. I got it for a little less than half the price at a second hand store. I would be stuck in the house all day if I didn't have it. I have a pontiac bonneville. It fits in my trunk along with a single stroller. I carry that if it ever happens that I have one child with me.
    JamieLK

Answer by JamieLK at 11:38 PM on Jul. 18, 2008

• When I had a double stroller I also had a Graco stroller, we also at the time had a Saturn SL2, which size wise is very similar to the ions.... that stroller fit in our trunk as well... Well I did have to remove the head covering things from the stroller to fit, but it fit...and it was NO big deal to remove the head coverings because they just snap on and off.... so I was able to put them back on when we set up the stroller...
    SAHMinIL

Answer by SAHMinIL at 11:41 PM on Jul. 18, 2008

• OK, I have had a minivan since I had my second child so I can't help you there. I just hope that your kids don't end up acting like mine and the one in back keeps pulling the hair of the child in front. Good Luck though! LOL
    minivanmommy

Answer by minivanmommy at 12:35 AM on Jul. 19, 2008

• i had a double stroller that sat side by side and hated it. it was heavy, and didn't fit in tight places. I cant remember the brand.
    picklefish

Answer by picklefish at 7:59 AM on Jul. 19, 2008

• I Have a Graco Duo Glider also it is awesome. With my 2 boys one 4 years old and the other about to be 2 it has saved my life on numerous occasions. It is not as big as you would think. I drive a Honda Accord and with the stroller in the trunk there is still plenty of "trunk" space.
    2ninos

Answer by 2ninos at 8:07 AM on Jul. 19, 2008

• We had an Eddie Bauer double stroller that was wonderful. We are very hard on things and it stood the test of time. It was great on outdoor trails and equally good in malls and shopping. Easy to turn and handle. hope that helps.
    MommasCooCoo

Answer by MommasCooCoo at 8:51 AM on Jul. 19, 2008

• Graco is the way to go! Also, I buy all my equiment at Once Upon A Child ot tag sales to keep expenses down. Ask around in town; I'm sure you can find another mother who wants to unload her stroller!
    maurap

Answer by maurap at 8:55 AM on Jul. 19, 2008

• Graco DuoGlider is awesome, you can get them gently used for around $70.
    imn0ahsm0m

Answer by imn0ahsm0m at 9:08 AM on Jul. 19, 2008

• http://kolcraft.com/strollers.aspx I know it's a lil pricy BUT there are a ton of advantages... It comes with a carseat adapter... I have twins and i had to purchase the 2nd one but you can put the babies carseat carrier in one and the seat on the other for the toddler. ALSO, it comes with 2 seats==and they're awesome! You can switch them around to face you, face away-- back to back or even face each other and it's EASY TO DO! THe actual stroller folds up and fits in the trunk of my impala. SO, i would look into it! ;) It's a life saver for my boys!
    jsks826

Answer by jsks826 at 9:10 AM on Jul. 19, 2008