do you think gay is a choice?

IMO you cannot choose to be gay any more then you can choose to be balck or white.. is is part of who you are but i know not every one sees it this way

JrsMommy07

Asked by JrsMommy07 at 11:09 AM on Jan. 20, 2009 in Relationships

• yes i think it is a choice..
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 11:09 AM on Jan. 20, 2009

• choice
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:11 AM on Jan. 20, 2009

• It is NOT a CHOICE...
    ask people who are gay and they will tell you that they were born that way...
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 11:23 AM on Jan. 20, 2009

• I think .... It's who you are and you can't change it, like the saying "you are, who you are"
    Mummytomore

Answer by Mummytomore at 11:38 AM on Jan. 20, 2009

• no, not a choice..
    heather_84

Answer by heather_84 at 11:46 AM on Jan. 20, 2009

• I think it is a choice, but one that they have made by feeling they were made that way. My husband's cuz is gay, but he has alot of dad issues. I think it boils down to that. My husband's sister is gay, but she got asked out by a guy a few years ago and I have never seen her happier. so you tell me!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:49 AM on Jan. 20, 2009

• It is a choice. If it were a "fluke of nature", you would see homosexual animals, which does not happen. I think there are many physical, emotional, and psychological traumas that cause people to believe that they were born that way, but they were not.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 11:57 AM on Jan. 20, 2009

• They Have Actually Done Studies on the brains of homosexuals and heterosexuals and have found that a certain part of the brain in the homosexuals is actually bigger then that of heterosexuals. They found this to be true in most homosexuals. It is not a Choice. Why would anyone choose to be dicriminated against? Why would anyone choose to be hated and hazed? This is not a Choice.
    Anonymous

• and actually there are homosexual animals. orkas, grey whales, porpoises, bottle nose dolphins and most indian manatess have been known to mate with the same sex........
    Anonymous

• I think it depends on the person. For some it's a choice and for some it's just natural.
    Silvertears1275

Answer by Silvertears1275 at 12:15 PM on Jan. 20, 2009