going to mexico for first time.

cancun mexico ,is it really hard to fined bottle water out there .is shopping close by ,let me no how your trip was (dont want to here if you had a bad time, who can have a bad time on the beach).thanks for your commets.

postalmom1967

Asked by postalmom1967 at 11:14 AM on Jan. 20, 2009 in Travel

• The water at the hotels is purified and safe to drink. The water you want to stay away from is the anything from a "local" place...Cancun is a "strip" one road up and down a 7 mile island, that is about 3/4 of a mile wide. There is shopping ALL over, and a gorgeous "open air" mall...in the food court at the mall, there are doors to the outside, that are RIGHT on the beach!!!! But yes, bottled water is readily available. Being in Cancun isn't much different than being in the US...you still have all you will need right at your fingertips. Have fun! I have been a few times, and love it every time!
    MommytoIsabella

Answer by MommytoIsabella at 7:40 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• Bottles water is always available!!! Beer is cheaper! Have a great time!!!
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 2:56 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• water is easy to find, i stayed at dreams all inclusive (american owned) the water and ice are safe there and you can go to their restaurants if you want. their bahama mamas are to die for!!!! shopping is okay, there are 2 big flea markets, ask the cab drivers, prices are too great, they are okay.... beach is wonderful, ocean this time of yr is cold :( sorry ... sunis hot!!! i am jealous!!! have fun, bring sun screen, high really high proof sunscreen, i wore 35 and got burned and dont forget your ears!!!
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 3:12 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• im jealous :( ..they sell bottled water out there ..dont drink the water lol unless you want the poops rofl !!!!!!!!!
    my3wormies

Answer by my3wormies at 3:32 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• TAKE A PURIFIER WITH YOU THE WATER IS SO YUCKY
    planchi

Answer by planchi at 8:49 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• thank for all your great answers.....another question i had ? if i mail a post card can i use my stamps or do i have to buy in mexico?
    postalmom1967

Answer by postalmom1967 at 9:23 AM on Jan. 21, 2009

• I am so jealous. Me and my DH went back in '95 when we were married for one year. I loved it. I want to go again. You'll find bottled water everywhere. Have fun.
    elainecat

Answer by elainecat at 11:04 AM on Jan. 21, 2009